Home

Post from SDS on Show Nation

This is a discussion on Post from SDS on Show Nation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #17
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post from SDS on Show Nation

Really interested to hear how this slipped through development and into the final game, when many people noticed immediately on release that something was way off with Zone.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #18
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

i think this game rules btw

way better than 17
Old 04-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

I really don’t understand the jogging outfielders, especially since they specifically claimed it was fixed in one of the streams.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #20
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

So they're likely going to release a patch that completely screws up the gameplay.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
Do you blame them? Look at the venom of people here and on tsn. They bash the developers for being lazy, that they don't care, that the just produce a game and count their money and so on. Every little thing that happens in a game is posted on, bashed like mad and then things tend to get personal. I don't blame them for not posting and staying away from here.

I'm not saying that some of the problems don't deserve to be called out or brought up but when it's a constant barrage of it, I wouldn't hang around for it either. If things were done in constructive ways, I'm willing to bet there would be more communication like there used to be

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
chicken or the egg argument. Did the criticism ramp up because: first the game has slipped in many areas (particularly non-gameplay), and two did the criticism ramp up because the developers knew this fact and started shying away from OS, where it's a much more franchise oriented community than other forums?

Up until a 2 or 3 years ago the OS community here was always respectful and ready with praise and constructive criticism. But a 3 years of disappointment with no movement on improving franchise, removing key features, not fixing legacy issues, AND seemingly doing your best not to communicate (see the removal of season mode this year for example) is going to ramp up the criticism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Honest question: What was better about 17? Aside from the omission of game modes, I'm not seeing how 17 was superior.
As a person that rented 18 for three days and went back to 17, I think we can all agree that 18 overall is the superior game.

However, imo, the differences are too minimal to warrant spending more than $40 on. When I went back to 17, the only thing I missed is the smoother batting animations and the way the lighting looks in HDR in partly cloudy games.

Also seeing how my favorite mode, RTTS turned out, it made it much easier to stay away for now.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

People really wonder why SDS doesn’t post here much anymore?

Just read through this thread.

This thread is a post made on another website about SDS trying to fix some issues with the game and make a better overall experience, and people just see SDS and rush to post attacks, criticisms, and just berate the devs.

Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
People really wonder why SDS doesn’t post here much anymore?

Just read through this thread.

This thread is a post made on another website about SDS trying to fix some issues with the game and make a better overall experience, and people just see SDS and rush to post attacks, criticisms, and just berate the devs.

Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not even remotely close. This thread has little to no vitriol in it. It's a concern of offline players that they will have to, for the eighth time, relearn the game because of an online balance issue. If they can't handle the easy criticism here then they really should not be making video games. But I know they can handle it because they've done it before.

As for the involvement, you guys are correct that they don't come here nearly at all anymore. And is it a surprise? DD and online play are the Kings of the castle nowadays. Franchise/offline has gotten virtually nothing since, you guessed it, 3 or so years ago, right when they stopped coming around.

Now, did they stop coming because franchise took a back seat or did franchise because they stopped coming? Who knows. My bet is on the former, because there's no reason to plug into a largely offline (at least the more long term and high ranking members) community and waste time when you know you aren't going to make improvements to that mode anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Operation Sports mobile app

- Rick Wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »