Home

Post from SDS on Show Nation

This is a discussion on Post from SDS on Show Nation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Post from SDS on Show Nation

Edited this as "troubling" probably not a good choice of words. Pretty good indicator more changes coming though.....good or bad.

https://theshownation.com/forums/100...i-pitch-speeds

Hallo.

There's been many threads popping up over the past week about some issues in online play. I want to remind everyone (because we aren't often able to reply to all of them) that we are aware of the issues being reported. Specifically...

PCI: We know the PCI is moving on good swings. That can be really frustrating and we're looking in to getting it addressed.
Pitch Speeds: We ran a test last weekend in BR. We've been processing the data we've collected during that time and all the feedback you gave us (thank you for providing that).
Fielding Animations: Please continue report the fielding animation or throw urgency bugs (and anything else you might find) through our Bug Reporter. We'll squash as many as we can. If you have a video clip to go along with the report, please include them - they are a great help to our team.
Thanks all for your patience and your feedback.

Last edited by taterskin; 04-20-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Post from SDS on Show Nation

It seems like since the developers stopped contributing to discussions here on OS, the state of their game has really gone downhill. And I mean like actual interaction, not just a post here or there every 2-3 weeks
Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I just hope the devs don't fix issues via patching the whole game when issues are isolated to a specific section of user base. If it's a bug, then that's a good case for a patch... but a game balance issue? Please don't. They could probably change a difficulty/slider setting for the mode.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I just hope the devs don't fix issues via patching the whole game when issues are isolated to a specific section of user base. If it's a bug, then that's a good case for a patch... but a game balance issue? Please don't. They could probably change a difficulty/slider setting for the mode.
This is my exact cause for concern for each patch. Bugs and animation issues im all for patching, but to hear the mentioning of pci and pitch speed at this point is disheartening. Ive stopped the automatic downloads for patches for fear of how much things will change especially as im striding in my franchise and really enjoying how things are playing.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #5
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
This is my exact cause for concern for each patch. Bugs and animation issues im all for patching, but to hear the mentioning of pci and pitch speed at this point is disheartening. Ive stopped the automatic downloads for patches for fear of how much things will change especially as im striding in my franchise and really enjoying how things are playing.
Yeah, but the game isn't competitive anymore. It's been watered down in another attempt to turn "players into payers". Or more accurately, it's being manipulated to turn "players into payers" and now there's a backlash, just like for Madden, NHL, FIFA, etc.

The main points of contention on TSN are: Pitch speed - and the ineffectiveness of the fastball; Lack of Ks; PCI issues - too big and moving irreverent of user input; Fielding - too many errors and WTF moments.

I understand, you don't want major changes because you found your groove, but this is the way of things now. SDS has gone the way of the EAvil Empire and there's a resistance to it and it hasn't found an equilibrium.

My franchise is on hold until I see where this is going to settle. It sucks, but those guys have a right to complain and demand change because the game is being turned into a money-grab-mind-fuk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I don't think I'd expect anything from a post specifically made regarding Online gameplay to affect things on the offline side, which I assume is the concern being expressed in this thread. Did any of you notice the offline PCI's or pitch speeds being different when they ran their BR test this past weekend, or even that they ran one at all until you read this post? I'd imagine not, and that's because the changes were all on the server-side, and they only had an effect on one online mode - which was really noticeable to people who play both BR and Ranked Seasons.

Aside from the fielding issues (which do affect both online and off), I believe that tweaking the online play is all that they're talking about here.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I don't think I'd expect anything from a post specifically made regarding Online gameplay to affect things on the offline side, which I assume is the concern being expressed in this thread. Did any of you notice the offline PCI's or pitch speeds being different when they ran their BR test this past weekend, or even that they ran one at all until you read this post? I'd imagine not, and that's because the changes were all on the server-side, and they only had an effect on one online mode - which was really noticeable to people who play both BR and Ranked Seasons.

Aside from the fielding issues (which do affect both online and off), I believe that tweaking the online play is all that they're talking about here.

Hope you're right.... as I don't have any issues with ineffective fastball, pci size, fielding etc. I don't play much online head to head though. As for the "money grab".... I don't have any issues earning stubs and don't spend a dollar. There are other means....
Old 04-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
It seems like since the developers stopped contributing to discussions here on OS, the state of their game has really gone downhill. And I mean like actual interaction, not just a post here or there every 2-3 weeks
Do you blame them? Look at the venom of people here and on tsn. They bash the developers for being lazy, that they don't care, that the just produce a game and count their money and so on. Every little thing that happens in a game is posted on, bashed like mad and then things tend to get personal. I don't blame them for not posting and staying away from here.

I'm not saying that some of the problems don't deserve to be called out or brought up but when it's a constant barrage of it, I wouldn't hang around for it either. If things were done in constructive ways, I'm willing to bet there would be more communication like there used to be

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »