Home

What Happend to the Entire 7th Inning Stretch?

This is a discussion on What Happend to the Entire 7th Inning Stretch? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Happend to the Entire 7th Inning Stretch?

I am not 100% certain but i think it was 14, first year on ps4, they did a interview/blog with a musician/organ player and talked about how he recorded all this great organ music for the game ect. and a full 7th inning stretch. When the game was released i didn't recall hearing anything extra regarding organ music nor was there a full 7th inning stretch. though i do remember some people on ps3 claiming there was a full 7th is.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:18 AM   #10
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think The Show is going in somewhat contradictory efforts in this regard.

On one hand, the stadiums, the presentation and all these "little things" continue to be improved and added to make the in-game atmosphere better each year.

However, the overall direction of the game has been to basically shorten the playing time and make things happen quicker and quicker as much as possible, effectively nullifying the efforts to make presentation/atmosphere very appreciable.

I have no issue for the game to implement mechanism to skip anything that the user does not want to spend time watching... I definitely think it is necessary for most gamers to be able to do this.

But do I always want to be rushed to get the next pitch thrown at me? Hell no...

As an authentic baseball game, in my opinion, The Show has been making a very poor decision of forcing the hasty presentation even when some special moments should actually be played out and appreciated in a timeless manner... the game should allow the gamer to stretch the moment in those occasions, if they so desire.

(I miss real-time presentation which used to exist.)

Timelessness has been one of the tenets of baseball... this is like yet another minor but essential element as to why The Show recently has been losing appeal to me.

The game is trying too hard to cater to the users who really should be playing another game. If they do not have the patience to appreciate the natural pace of baseball... they really are not after baseball.

Last edited by nomo17k; 04-22-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #11
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Thumbs up Re: What Happend to the Entire 7th Inning Stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

On one hand, the stadiums, the presentation and all these "little things" continue to be improved and added to make the in-game atmosphere better each year.

However, the overall direction of the game has been to basically shorten the playing time and make things happen quicker and quicker as much as possible, effectively nullifying the efforts to make presentation/atmosphere very appreciable.

I have no issue for the game to implement mechanism to skip anything that the user does not want to spend time watching... I definitely think it is necessary for most gamers to be able to do this.

But do I always want to be rushed to get the next pitch thrown at me? Hell no...

As an authentic baseball game, in my opinion, The Show has been making a very poor decision of forcing the hasty presentation even when some special moments should actually be played out and appreciated in a timeless manner... the game should allow the gamer to stretch the moment in those occasions, if they so desire.

Timelessness has been one of the tenets of baseball... this is like yet another minor but essential element as to why The Show recently has been losing appeal to me.

The game is trying too hard to cater to the users who really should be playing another game. If they do not have the patience to appreciate the natural pace of baseball... they really are not after baseball.

Sorry, this time the like button wasn’t putting enough emphasis on how much I do agree on what you just said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #12
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k

I agree mostly with your post. I disagree on the appeal. I still love playing this game and 18 is far and away their best effort. That said, I miss real-time presentation. I also don’t like that SOTS has suffered (they cut slots this year...why?) in their effort to speed up the game experience. It is one of the best and most immersive experiences in the game that makes the replay value high. I am particularly disappointed that when my Yanks win (or lose) I can no longer hear extended win music. Heck I even like Red Sox win song. Why not just let it play in background after game is over and the announcements are running or during highlights? These are the types of little things that make the game great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #13
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

Could it possibly be the mention of Cracker Jacks in the song? That's free advertising for a name product.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

Sure allow users the option to speed their games up. But someone needs to remind the producers at SDS that "There is no clock in baseball".
Old 04-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Sure allow users the option to speed their games up. But someone needs to remind the producers at SDS that "There is no clock in baseball".
I'm all for keeping the Shows broadcast mode to be played out in real time as much as possible but to be fair to SDS, I havent seen the first clock in the Show. Yet.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #16
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I'm all for keeping the Shows broadcast mode to be played out in real time as much as possible but to be fair to SDS, I havent seen the first clock in the Show. Yet.
Right....but you can always play the 'full featured' 45 minute game franchise option....without a clock, just to be fair to SDS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »