Home

6th Inning Comeback

This is a discussion on 6th Inning Comeback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 6th Inning Comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
If your playing a 3 inning quickie, does the comeback happen in the first inning?

I literally laughed out loud at this

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #26
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

not only does the CPU make a comeback but I always find I can come back in the 6th innings as well. so it isn't just the CPU. mind you the CPU is dumb on their BP management too so I have to manage there so I have a challenge
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #27
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
I ran into the starter fatigue last night with a 5-3 lead, I was around 85 pitches and and got 2 quick outs in the 5th and really wanted to get through the 5th to give the starter a shot at the win.......didn't happen as I gave up a single, walk and then a 3 run bomb. That was all fine as I should've just brought a reliever in but I was stubborn.

I have more issue with the 2 out rally, they seem to happen all the time no matter the inning or pitcher stamina. 2 quick outs then bam it takes 30 pitches to get that 3rd out. Anyone else see a lot of 2 out rallies?
Two out rallies are an every game occurence in my franchise. Happens all the time. Two quick outs like you said then that third hitter all of a sudden can't miss the ball. Singles, homers mostly anything to extend the innings. Now I watch alot of baseball and I see it happen irl too but it's very frustrating when it happens in the game. It's like you almost expect it to happen. Which makes the no hitter I threw the other day even more impressive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 AM   #28
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I've noticed that if you start the bullpen up between innings, then the pitcher comes out and still pitches good. But if you start it during the inning then he goes to pieces. Or it's the other way around, I can't remember. I also use the mound visit to settle him down. If the CPU is starting what may look like a comeback, then change things up. Slow the game down. Take more time between pitches. Step off the rubber. Do what you can to change the rhythm. At least that's what I try and do.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 2

Yes I have notice plenty of times where in games you see two out rallies. But these rallies are not restricted to the sixth inning. But I am highly confident to say there is NO comeback scripting built into the game. As others have mentioned, by the time the sixth inning rolls around the starters are at or are approaching the 100 pitch mark and we know the pitchers do go south very fast in this game when they are at or near their fatigue limits. But it's also usually the third time around the batting order in most games by the time the 5th and 6th innings roll around and while only the SDS devs know what is built into the code for the third time through, we do know in the real world the batters success rates are much higher on their 3rd plate appearances compared to the 1st and 2nd ones.

In all of my Franchise games where I control the pitchers, I am always hoping that my starters can go six or seven innings, but I always have an arm stretching in the bullpen when I get to the 5th and 6th innings just in case the starters get into trouble and need to be pulled early.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:45 AM   #30
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
we do know in the real world the batters success rates are much higher on their 3rd plate appearances compared to the 1st and 2nd ones.
There is an old saying that you never let your starter go more than 3 times through the order. Some say 2, some say 3. I guess it just depends on how the starter did the first 2 times through. The other day my starter only lasted 3 innings and gave up 6 hits and 6 ER. The bullpen came in and only gave up 1 run through the remaining 6 innings. You also have to keep and eye on how the starters accuracy and velocity is compared to the earlier innings. There are way too many variables in this game to say that its predetermined.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I've noticed that if you start the bullpen up between innings, then the pitcher comes out and still pitches good. But if you start it during the inning then he goes to pieces. Or it's the other way around, I can't remember. I also use the mound visit to settle him down. If the CPU is starting what may look like a comeback, then change things up. Slow the game down. Take more time between pitches. Step off the rubber. Do what you can to change the rhythm. At least that's what I try and do.

I try to change my pitching pattern.

Usually, I like strike, ball (show/setup), ball (want chase), strike in my first four pitches. Then, after that, I'm trying to get chases.

But if the CPU is starting to hit more often either first pitch or on 2-1, then I'll try something like ball (chase), ball (setup), strike (opposite of last pitch), ball/strike (depending on result of 3rd pitch), then alternate strike/ball (chase) until I get him or he walks, which if they have momentum, is better than him lashing a double somewhere.

That way, hopefully they'll be overagressive first pitch, then that can open up the PA for me to attack and maybe get control of the inning if I can retire the hitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #32
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Is there a comeback-code in The Show 18? Like in FIFA the "momentum"...I don't mean 6th inning comeback...

When i lead with my team (I play offline Franchise), suddenly my defensive players make ridiculous amateur errors and the other team scores easy...

I can't remember this in The Show 17? What happened ? I think The Show 18 feels more coded/robotic and less natural in gameplay...

Last edited by Fredette; 05-03-2018 at 05:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »