Home

6th Inning Comeback

This is a discussion on 6th Inning Comeback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #49
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 6th Inning Comeback

Admittedly I was also in a foul mood. It took me 5 games to beat the Dodgers on HOF....Every game had a rally started by a fielder not trying to field a ball. I gave up 9 "triples" on what should have been routine plays. Team fielding errors. Ripken with 3......

HOF blows me away. My pitchers were routinely missing pitches by more than a foot. I couldn't afford to pitch out because I couldn't hardly throw a strike.

Just before not being able to throw Barnes out at 1B on a ball 2 feet in front of the catcher Paul Molitor with his all most 90 speed for my team was thrown out on a ball half way in between the pitcher and catcher.

I ended up giving up and putting in the best team i could field. Took me 2 games after that. Paxton got it done for me.

I get frustrated when the computer does things perfectly and I can't make routine plays.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 AM   #50
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

It's the truth. I was up 5-0 with the Brewers versus the Pirates until the 6th inning. The Pirates hit everything I pitched at them, and my fielders became dumb or made errors throwing the ball or whatever. I didn't want to believe it because a lot of the times I noticed the AI would rally back, but I never knew it was a particular inning. I noticed this earlier firsthand.

You can't just win fair and square. The AI has to do what it does. It has frustrated me this year and this is the first iteration I have been raging about because of the AI is a bit OP with hit and runs, bunts, sacrifice bunts, stealing bases with guys with 41 speed, double plays, etc. It makes me so bad.

Sorry, the final score was 5-8, Pirates of course. I know rallies happen in real life, but the ones in this game are so blatantly obvious, and you can't do much about it.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

When you break down the numbers, the 4-6 innings are the biggest innings for offense. Followed by the 1-3 innings & then the 7-9 innings.

#Youcouldlookitup

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #52
Rookie

I'm curious to see what those who believe in comeback code think the developer's motivation is in putting it in the game. I don't see it regularly enough to think it is, but for those who do, why would SDS take the time to put that into their game? How could it possible make anything better/appeal to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #53
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCowse
I'm curious to see what those who believe in comeback code think the developer's motivation is in putting it in the game. I don't see it regularly enough to think it is, but for those who do, why would SDS take the time to put that into their game? How could it possible make anything better/appeal to anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'd like to know why anyone would even bother playing this game if they thought the fix was in. I'd hang it up in a second.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Yet, in the last game I played (posted it in the franchise thread), my SP was horrible, down early, was down 4-1.

Got back in it when the AI made a 2-run error by their 3B (with 70's fielding) on an overthrow fielding a sac bunt attempt he had to charge. That made it 4-3.

They get one back. Could have been worse but 2 DPs (one in the 3rd and in the 5th) kept the CPU offense in check. 5-3

Scratch across a run - 5-4. Load bases in the 8th, sac fly to tie. They load bases in the 8th, back-to-back K's by the closer to keep it tied.

Took lead in the 9th with 2 HR. They go down 1-2-3 to end the game.

Where was this comeback code then? Why didn't they put up a rally in the 9th?

BTW, there were 0 runs scored in the 6th.

Here's the line scores:

Me: 100 210 013
CPU: 400 100 000

Last edited by KBLover; 05-06-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #55
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yet, in the last game I played (posted it in the franchise thread), my SP was horrible, down early, was down 4-1.

Got back in it when the AI made a 2-run error by their 3B (with 70's fielding) on an overthrow fielding a sac bunt attempt he had to charge. That made it 4-3.

They get one back. Could have been worse but 2 DPs (one in the 3rd and in the 5th) kept the CPU offense in check. 5-3

Scratch across a run - 5-4. Load bases in the 8th, sac fly to tie. They load bases in the 8th, back-to-back K's by the closer to keep it tied.

Took lead in the 9th with 2 HR. They go down 1-2-3 to end the game.

Where was this comeback code then? Why didn't they put up a rally in the 9th?

BTW, there were 0 runs scored in the 6th.

Here's the line scores:

Me: 100 210 013
CPU: 400 100 000
Comeback code seems to be prevalent when you lose. Might not mean much, but the scores of my April games.
1-2
11-8
4-6
6-5
9-6
3-4
4-1
2-0
5-4
4-7
3-1
1-8
0-1
0-4
2-1
13-2
0-3
2-6
5-2
0-10
11-12
1-6
2-1
3-4
3-1
5-9
7-1

I have yet to see a situation where I felt there was nothing I could do, that it was just ‘fixed’.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #56
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
1. Sliders
2. Slide steps
3. Throwing over to first
4. Pitch outs
Right on! Any real life pitcher not applying steps 2,3,4 when a speedster on 1st will get exactly the same results as in MLB18

And they be will temptated to throw mode fastballs as well !!!

Last edited by TripleCrown; 05-06-2018 at 03:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »