Home

Lack of injuries

This is a discussion on Lack of injuries within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 02:31 AM   #41
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Lack of injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
All my injuries happened during played games.....I am playing every pitch.

But I am seeing reports here of no injuries in played games. I have had them. Not saying people are making it up. I believe it. But so far pretty good for me personally.
It's because of your body of work here at OS that I limit myself to: Not real certain how that bit "Not saying people are making it up" adds to things.
/done

Now, when did you start your new season? Is it even a new season? Is it a carryover? Are you using 30 team?

Last edited by BeatArmy; 05-08-2018 at 02:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
It's because of your body of work here at OS that I limit myself to: Not real certain how that bit "Not saying people are making it up" adds to things.
/done

Now, when did you start your new season? Is it even a new season? Is it a carryover? Are you using 30 team?

So this is a carry over save file from MLB 17 and 30 team control.

The DL is filled with players around the league (obviously from simming games around the league before I play my game). Also I transferred the file right before you advance to spring training so I could get the 2018 schedule.

I have had all my Yankee injuries in game.

So I am seeing in game injuries and simulated injuries.

I will run a test franchise using OSFM and sim games to see if you at least are getting those.

Also make sure if you fo 30 team control you did not select CPU roster control. That disabled injuries.

Also check your general setting tab and make sure injuries are set to on (not manual).

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #43
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

Quote:
So this is a carry over save file from MLB 17 and 30 team control.

The DL is filled with players around the league (obviously from simming games around the league before I play my game). Also I transferred the file right before you advance to spring training so I could get the 2018 schedule.

I have had all my Yankee injuries in game.

So I am seeing in game injuries and simulated injuries.

I will run a test franchise using OSFM and sim games to see if you at least are getting those.

Also make sure if you fo 30 team control you did not select CPU roster control. That disabled injuries.

Also check your general setting tab and make sure injuries are set to on (not manual).

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
When did you start your new season? Since what patch?

I have not adjusted my settings at all from 2019. When MLB 18 came out, I was in the second week of August and transferred over. As the last screenshot shows, I have injuries set to on and have never adjusted CPU roster control. I had injuries in my 2019 season (Tulowitzki season ending, my first draft pick in 2016 season ending, Sardinas with a multiple month plus other smaller ones throughout and the first pick injury was after the transfer from MLB 17) but now that 2020 has started just about a couple weeks ago real-time, nothing at all. Even spring training didn't have anything. Once I simmed a game since I was set to sweep the Yankees, I got three in my minor league teams but only mine. The other 29 were still left pristine.

I'm not saying the game doesn't create injuries. I know it does: cost me my best starter for the playoffs once he got hurt in August after the transfer over. However, there seems to be an issue with either when seasons start over for a new year, a carryover, 30 team control or something else. I'm not the only one it seems with nothing so it can't just be me. I've posted the screenshots to show that the problem exists.

Last edited by BeatArmy; 05-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #44
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
When did you start your new season? Since what patch?

I have not adjusted my settings at all from 2019. When MLB 18 came out, I was in the second week of August and transferred over. As the last screenshot shows, I have injuries set to on and have never adjusted CPU roster control. I had injuries in my 2019 season (Tulowitzki season ending, my first draft pick in 2016 season ending, Sardinas with a multiple month plus other smaller ones throughout and the first pick injury was after the transfer from MLB 17) but now that 2020 has started just about a couple weeks ago real-time, nothing at all. Even spring training didn't have anything. Once I simmed a game since I was set to sweep the Yankees, I got three in my minor league teams but only mine. The other 29 were still left pristine.

I'm not saying the game doesn't create injuries. I know it does: cost me my best starter for the playoffs once he got hurt in August after the transfer over. However, there seems to be an issue with either when seasons start over for a new year, a carryover, 30 team control or something else. I'm not the only one it seems with nothing so it can't just be me. I've posted the screenshots to show that the problem exists.

I started Year two at launch. So I have been playing this through all the updates from the release day patch thru 1.08.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #45
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

Quote:
I started Year two at launch. So I have been playing this through all the updates from the release day patch thru 1.08.
Ah, so you haven't started a new season since launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 02:49 AM   #46
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Yep I’ve played every single game on franchise mode on the shedule yes every game every stadium and have not seen one injury with the slider on 8, only ones o see are pre scripted before the game in warm up
Old 05-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

My MLB14 carryover (i.e. carryover that started from MLB14) has no injuries for me (play every game in every version) but I see simulated injuries.

No injuries in my MLB17 carryover for me (play every game). I see simulated injuries.

Infrequent injuries in my fresh MLB18 franchise (don't remember what patch in started) - like 1 or 2 (play every game). I see simulated injuries.

No 30 team control on any of them.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Ah, so you haven't started a new season since launch.
Not yet.

So far in my carryover franchise from 17 I have had three injuries to my MLB team on the field.

Dyson - Broken Hand - Diving back to the bag
Stanton - Strained Calf legging out a double
Greg Bird - Muscle Tightness legging out a ground ball

All with injuries on 8.

Getting plenty of simulated injuries around the league with injuries set to default to sim games.

30 team control.

Going to start playing injuries on 10 and see how it goes.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »