Home

Celebration Animations

This is a discussion on Celebration Animations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Celebration Animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast44
I don't get why you can't just use any player's HR swing if they have an individualized one that's already in the game. At the very least they should have thrown in some generic ones that aren't so over the top. And no left-handed ones? Really?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Lefties don't do those celebrations because they're the only somebodies in their right mind

A Work in Progress
Old 05-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree totally and posted something similar in a different thread. It’s supposed to be a real simulation and they add straight garbage animations for HR and celebrations. It’s been 3 yrs with the same 6 swings and why haven’t they unlocked player specific HR animations to every player. I hope that is the next step. That way we would have 40 or fifty animations for each player to choose from. I will never play RTTS and it’s said that’s the way they are pushing the game. Otherwise I love the game just hate that they put hard work into the wrong things imo

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

This destroys a little bit the atmosphere of the game. i mean this celebration animations look not good, feels silly to me and it happens too much.

generally the animations need more tuning in a realistic way like NBA2k18...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #12
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

For a game that is so focused on realism, you'd think that when they add this much-needed layer to the game, they wouldn't jump straight from the same tired animations we've seen since 2008 to animations that are over-the-top and never once seen on a baseball field before
Old 05-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

This is what happens when folks complain the Show has gotten stale and needs fresh air. Danged if ya do lol

A Work in Progress
Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemYankee
HR Celebrations
What can be said about the generic HR celebrations that I haven't already said? This is the most infuriating to me because there are literally no (ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH) generic HR celebrations that make even the slightest bit of sense. How does a team of developers look at literally Every. Single. Player-specific HR celebration that they have already and be like... "yea, I see a lot of salutes to the heavens and pounding of chests, but what this game needs is MOONWALKING TO THE PLATE AND BEING A DOUCHE TO THE 3RD BASE COACH YEAHHH"

Yeah they are insane. I laugh at them and I probably did something between a laugh and a "what even did I just see like what was that" when I saw a cartwheel onto home plate. Certainly not realistic relative to MLB. They'd probably get fined or something.

Some of it isn't terrible but some are way over the top. I can only imagine what everyone was thinking when he did that cartwheel lol.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #15
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
This is what happens when folks complain the Show has gotten stale and needs fresh air. Danged if ya do lol
It's a shame though because this was absolutely necessary, but the way they handled it was in the most tone deaf way possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »