Home

Double plays

This is a discussion on Double plays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #17
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Double plays

I guess I just had to complain about it.....only hit in 3 DPs in my last 10 games....lol
Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #18
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Hitting into double plays comes from too much weak contact which instead should be more swings and misses.
Yep! The PCI's are too damn big!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:31 AM   #19
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

6 months in and this is still ugly as ever. I pretty much feel helpless with a runner on first. Of course the computer is going to pitch low in the zone, I can have my pci low in the zone and it doesn't matter. More than half the time I'm hitting into a double play. I hit into the most comical double plays, whether its traditional, a line drive caught by someone, just overall nonsense.

I really miss the days of swing influence for zone hitting. I'm pretty much at the mercy of the game smh.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Absolutely. I’ve said this for years and years. I have a pretty good reason as to why.

One of the main reasons is that the CPU fielders turn double plays on balls that are 90% of the time NOT going to be double play balls. For example, balls hit into the hole between first and second (to the second baseman’s left) where he has to go deep into the whole, almost every time, despite whoever the fielder is, the second baseman whips around (360) with a perfect throw off his back foot, for the force out at second followed by the throw to first for an double play. I would say this probably happens 30-40 times a year. So if you simply take those out, that’s a huge amount right there. I always lead the league in hitting I to double plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #21
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, I'm right around the top (or bottom, however you want to look at it) in terms of hitting into double plays.

I chalk it up to the game balancing out that I typically lead the league in strikeouts (pitching), so doesn't bother me too much. It's not like I hit into 3-5 a game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Absolutely. I’ve said this for years and years. I have a pretty good reason as to why.

One of the main reasons is that the CPU fielders turn double plays on balls that are 90% of the time NOT going to be double play balls. For example, balls hit into the hole between first and second (to the second baseman’s left) where he has to go deep into the whole, almost every time, despite whoever the fielder is, the second baseman whips around (360) with a perfect throw off his back foot, for the force out at second followed by the throw to first for an double play. I would say this probably happens 30-40 times a year. So if you simply take those out, that’s a huge amount right there. I always lead the league in hitting I to double plays.

Yup, CPU SS is so good, attributes don't matter, they can do that DP with my 99 speed player running to first base.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #23
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Yup, CPU SS is so good, attributes don't matter, they can do that DP with my 99 speed player running to first base.

Yep. I get that they are all Major League middle infielders and that they’re all, “good,” but I would absolutely love to see more player differentiation in MLB 19. There would be a way that only certain players can do the Jeter jump from deep in the hole, or spin throw from second.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 10-18-2018, 07:49 AM   #24
Rookie

I used to have this problem, along with the problem of not being able to score a runner from second on a single. I decided that players were just too slow so I bumped up the speed slider to 9 and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. It doesn’t seem like the game is going in slow motion anymore... players can beat out little choppers to third for infield singles... I can score a runner from second on an single... I can get a double on a ball that doesn’t get all the way to the wall (and is cut off by the center fielder)... stealing is more realistic... I strongly encourage you to bump the speed slider up to 9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »