Home

Franchise Editing Players

This is a discussion on Franchise Editing Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Editing Players

I edit my own team when SDS releases roster updates. I wish there was an option to apply attribute changes from there to in-progress franchises.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
2. I'm allowed to trade 1 for 1 between a pitcher's durability and their stamina, but only during the off season. This can coincide with a position edit (RP to SP for example).

3. All players must be allowed to regress without edits if they are having a bad year.

4. For players under 34, I'm allowed to counteract regression, but only if they are having a good year.

5. For players under 36, I'm allowed to counteract half of the regression, but only if they are having a good year.

6. For players of any age, I'm allowed to counteract regression using a trade system, where points from one attribute are traded into another in order to keep it up. This can ONLY be used to counteract regression, cannot be used to boost an attribute higher then where it started the year at. Points taken from Durability are worth double, but it also costs double to keep Durability up.

I may adopt these rules. Nice system for dealing with progression/decline issues.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

When I start a franchise, I edit the farm systems of every team, giving them a couple more "A" prospect players.

When I was a kid, I used to play Bases Loaded on the NES. To the point that I had pretty much every player on every team memorized. So, I edit the Detroit Tigers farm system (mainly double A) to have the players from the "UTAH" team on Bases Loaded (that is the team that I predominantly used on that game)

The players from the other teams in Bases Loaded, I add to the farm system of various teams, to the point where most of the "Top 50" prospects are players from that game.

Once the season starts, the only edits I will make myself are to counteract regression to a point.

For instance, Victor Martinez is having a monster year for me (.297, 23 HR, 79 RBI at basically the halfway point of the season) With numbers like that, and his already low overall (74 overall) I don't feel there should be much regression. So, any points that he regresses, I will add back, bringing his overall back to 74 (but never above).

For some young players, I will give them a 5 point boost in hitting, and power, based on their numbers, if I feel the game isn't progressing them enough for the season they are having.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I do edits, but based on rules.

1. I make position edits based on needs and profiles all the time. There are no consequences for doing this.

2. I'm allowed to trade 1 for 1 between a pitcher's durability and their stamina, but only during the off season. This can coincide with a position edit (RP to SP for example).

3. All players must be allowed to regress without edits if they are having a bad year.

4. For players under 34, I'm allowed to counteract regression, but only if they are having a good year.

5. For players under 36, I'm allowed to counteract half of the regression, but only if they are having a good year.

6. For players of any age, I'm allowed to counteract regression using a trade system, where points from one attribute are traded into another in order to keep it up. This can ONLY be used to counteract regression, cannot be used to boost an attribute higher then where it started the year at. Points taken from Durability are worth double, but it also costs double to keep Durability up.

I actually haven't had an issue with league-wide prospect development. It's mostly regression that sucks for me.
Those are very good rules and I currently use 4 out of the 6 rules you use. I’m a hardcore player in franchise and I like to keep it realistic and dynamic as possible to ensure players will remain with good attributes if there coming off a great year
Old 05-11-2018, 04:39 AM   #13
Just started!

I usually increase fastball velocity for my top pitching prospects since velocity doesn't seem to increase through training. I also convert starters to relievers if they're a 3 pitch pitcher with 2 of them being fastballs.
Sometimes late in drafts I'll draft a player who has a potential rating that's below his current overall (70 overall 60 potential). I'll edit his potential so it'll be 5 points above his current overall that way he'll be able to progress a bit.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
I do edits, but based on rules.

1. I make position edits based on needs and profiles all the time. There are no consequences for doing this.

I actually haven't had an issue with league-wide prospect development. It's mostly regression that sucks for me.

Love this Warm Wind. Going to adopt this for my off-season’s moving forward. Great stuff!!

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #15
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I forgot to mention that I can choose not to invoke the rules I follow at any time for any reason. For example, Mike Trout has all of his non-batting attributes regressing, and I am choosing to invoke rule 4 as he is having an MVP caliber season and is still in his 20s. However, his only batting attribute that is regressing is vision, and I'm choosing not to invoke rule 4 to counteract it because his strikeouts have gone up this year.

Edit: with the exception of rule 3. That must always be followed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 05-11-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
Rookie

I love this, never considered doing it. But i will now. I get annoyed with guys who have B potentials and they are 26 27 years old with low over, they won't ever reach their full potentials

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »