Home

I loved this game when it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me

This is a discussion on I loved this game when it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I loved this game twhen it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me

Well, one of the next patches should get hitting back where it was on release. I'm sure there's probably at least 3 more to come.
Though as for myself I can't say a patch did it. I use dynamic difficulty so I figure any changes for me comes from that.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I loved this game when it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Go back and read your own post before criticizing people’s reading comprehension skills.

This thread is par for the course for you and I’m not the only one who noticed what you were trying to do.

Don’t get pissy with me because your attempt to disguise the topic of this thread with a misleading title and brief mention of patch issues failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
My OP specifically mentions that this is the reason WHY comeback topics happen. In no way was it disguised as a comeback topic. I don't think there's any comeback code this year. I do think the cpu gets a boost just as the user does when they're losing, but in both cases, it can be thwarted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #67
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: I loved this game when it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
My OP specifically mentions that this is the reason WHY comeback topics happen. In no way was it disguised as a comeback topic. I don't think there's any comeback code this year. I do think the cpu gets a boost just as the user does when they're losing, but in both cases, it can be thwarted.

A boost when losing? Really?Did you check out my franchise scores that I posted? I want to sign up for my boost.

There's no boost, or, it's a placebo boost, or, it's a secret boost, or many times it doesn't "boost", but some times it does. This is just silly. With ALL the attributes/levels/situations/player errors with the controller and logic....game doesn't need a boost. C'mon man, beatin' a dead horse.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I don't think there's any comeback code this year. I do think the cpu gets a boost just as the user does when they're losing, but in both cases, it can be thwarted.
At first I wondered if clutch attributes made comebacks more likely but doesn't clutch kick in during early innings too? I turned off vibrating long ago so it wouldn't help me with the strike zone when pitching.

A Work in Progress
Old 05-15-2018, 04:01 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
A boost when losing? Really?Did you check out my franchise scores that I posted? I want to sign up for my boost.

There's no boost, or, it's a placebo boost, or, it's a secret boost, or many times it doesn't "boost", but some times it does. This is just silly. With ALL the attributes/levels/situations/player errors with the controller and logic....game doesn't need a boost. C'mon man, beatin' a dead horse.
I spoke to a developer in my PMs who actually agreed that he sees it too but can't attribute it to anything on the code side. So clearly I'm not the only one seeing it if a developer confirmed he's seen it too. If you want me to post the PM, I'm sure I still have it.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #70
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
I spoke to a developer in my PMs who actually agreed that he sees it too but can't attribute it to anything on the code side. So clearly I'm not the only one seeing it if a developer confirmed he's seen it too. If you want me to post the PM, I'm sure I still have it.

lol...so it's a secret boost. Not even a developer knows but he's "seen" it. So when I'm down 5-0, hit a homer, load the bases, the "boost" is on. But when I hit into a rally killing doubleplay the "boost" is off.

This is nonsense.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
I loved this game when it first came out, but the patches have ruined it for me

Quote:

Your OP said that CPU rallies feel “completely scripted” and make you feel like “there is little anyone can do to prevent them”

Now you state that both CPU and User gets boosts when behind but it can be thwarted.

You say Comeback AI isn’t in game and in same breath say you see very little of it.

Seems to me you’re trying to say there is comeback code without saying there is comeback code.

And again I’m not the only one who noticed

Probably should lock the thread honestly because if this thread was solely for discussing the patches there are other threads to do so.

If it was about Comeback code then as has been stated many times before by the devs, and you now apparently, Comeback code doesn’t exist.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-15-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

I think you probably should

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »