Home

Still a need for 30 team control?

This is a discussion on Still a need for 30 team control? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Still a need for 30 team control?

I have used 30 team control for years. But with the offseason changes in this years game I don’t see a real need for it. I have simmed a couple seasons as a test and not noticed any glaring issues. I can still edit players on other teams if needed and adjust the trade slider to limit April trades.

I am not writing this to convince other players to abandon 30 team control. I want to know if I am missing a crippling flaw that will ruin my franchise later on.

I realize a free agent may sign somewhere crazy, a bad trade may happen and some draft picks will not get signed. I am willing to live with that. Is there something else I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mariner690; 05-12-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Still a need for 30 team control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
I have used 30 team control for years. But with the offseason changes in this years game I don’t see a real need for it. I have simmed a couple seasons as a test and not noticed any glaring issues. I can still edit players on other teams if needed and adjust the trade slider to limit April trades.

I am not writing this to convince other players to abandon 30 team control. I want to know if I am missing a crippling flaw that will ruin my franchise later on.

I realize a free agent may sign somewhere crazy, a bad trade may happen and some draft picks will not get signed. I am willing to live with that. Is there something else I am missing?

not that I've noticed. same flaw as always: bad trades, top FAs signing with small market teams, interesting lineup choices. It all depends on your level of realism. I still can't handle the bad trades and the "interesting" FA decisions but I have learned to let go on the lineups for the other 29 teams. I not only let them pick their lineups, I even let them control injury replacements and minor leagues.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I much prefer 30 team control. But it is a personal choice.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

I use 30 team control, but I do not touch the cpu lineup/rotations. I dont mess with cpu trades unless it is highly unlikely trade. I dont care if example Trout goes to Braves lets say, but if the Braves only gave up a 60 C pitcher, I will reverse it and or make it a more worthwhile trade. The only thing I will do, is make sure a injured SP is not subbed by a RP. By RP I mean someone who shouldnt even be considered to start a game. I also dont control who the cpu brings up, sends down, signs, or releases.

MLBTS is not real life baseball. Its a game. It will never be 100% true to life. So its its own universe and thats how I let it play. As long as things are close and its good baseball, Im good with it.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 05-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I also use 30 team control and let the other 29 teams do as they please. The reason I control all 30 teams is because once I get my team to a World Series victory, I want to pick the absolute worst team in the opposite league and give myself a new experience, and keep playing until my new team wins the World series.

I started my franchise withe the Tigers in 2016. I'm now playing the 2019 season and haven't won a world series yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690

For me, the biggest issue (and one that definitely necessitates the need for 30 team control) is the absolutely IDIOTIC computer roster management.

For instance, I have seen CPU teams have 15 pitchers, and 10 position players at Triple A, and Double A.

Also, I have seen many many times, the CPU optioning a player to the minors who is having a good/great season, for a player who is higher rated.

No MLB team would send down a pitcher who is 11-3 with a 3.25 ERA....but the CPU does....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »