Home

Any one see odd replay bugs lately?

This is a discussion on Any one see odd replay bugs lately? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Any one see odd replay bugs lately?

So i had not played the game for like a month before yesterday because of like watching nba playoffs and life and what not. So i dont know if this was just like a fluke or what or if it is because of patches maybe causing some bugs but i had 2 really odd looking replay bugs that happend yesterday that i had never seen before when i last played when we had not had seveal of the patches we now have. Just wondering has any one else like seen odd replay bugs lately?

The first bug i had was where i got a hit on a pitch that was like edge of the strike zone on height but when the game showed a replay and when i also went into replay the ball appeared to be at head level like right at the height of the Giants logo on there helmet so way higher than where the pitch was. The 2nd bug that i had on replay was even more odd than the first one. I hit a HR and when i went into replay and also when the game showed a replay the ball appeared on the pitch to be going like half way between home plate and 3erd base instead of towards the plate and also the ball once it was hit disappeared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Re: Any one see odd replay bugs lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So i had not played the game for like a month before yesterday because of like watching nba playoffs and life and what not. So i dont know if this was just like a fluke or what or if it is because of patches maybe causing some bugs but i had 2 really odd looking replay bugs that happend yesterday that i had never seen before when i last played when we had not had seveal of the patches we now have. Just wondering has any one else like seen odd replay bugs lately?

The first bug i had was where i got a hit on a pitch that was like edge of the strike zone on height but when the game showed a replay and when i also went into replay the ball appeared to be at head level like right at the height of the Giants logo on there helmet so way higher than where the pitch was. The 2nd bug that i had on replay was even more odd than the first one. I hit a HR and when i went into replay and also when the game showed a replay the ball appeared on the pitch to be going like half way between home plate and 3erd base instead of towards the plate and also the ball once it was hit disappeared.
What you are experiencing is called the Mandela Effect. Its when parallel universes get switched. So you originally experienced one reality, before somehow switching to a nearly identical universe without noticing it. So its not the game. Nothing to worry about.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001

I've seen the second one you described, the home run replay where the ball shoots out of the pitcher's hand at a massively wrong angle. Only have seen it once since the game came out, it just happened to be last week when I saw it.

I'm guessing it has something to do with an incorrect camera coordinate for the ball travel. The game calculates the ball coordinates and vector based on some camera position, but the camera is actually in a different spot than what was used for the replay calculation.

Or maybe not.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:28 PM   #4
Rookie

The first bug you describe I have been seeing constantly since launch so it's not patch related.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:36 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero84
The first bug you describe I have been seeing constantly since launch so it's not patch related.
Oh guess i was just lucky than hadn't seen it before just thought it was odd that i had never seen either of them before and than first game i play with a newer patch i end up seeing both of them in the same game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »