Home

Patch 1.09 is Live

This is a discussion on Patch 1.09 is Live within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #41
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Patch 1.09 is Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't mean for this to sound like I'm being a smartass because I'm generally curious.

When this happens will it not let you move the L-stick to break the animation?? I'm guessing not as it sounds like the issue where infielders would be locked into fielding animation instead of charging the ball.

Just curious as thankfully I haven't experienced this bug/glitch/issue yet.
I see it probably every 5 games or so. But I'll get a ground ball to my first baseman, I'll press o to run and step on the bag, but my fielder will just stay locked in this jogging animation and run in a straight line past the bag until the play is over. I got lucky once and the base runner conveniently ran into me as I ran across the foul line and got the tag out. They field the ball fine, it's just the transition into tagging the base where the issue occurs.

I'm wondering if it's just a problem with auto fielding instead of manual? But then I use manual throwing, so I don't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I can say I did see this issue a few times before the first big gameplay patch after the game's release (I forget which one that was). Have been fortunate to not see it since and I assumed it was fixed.
This is the one that cost me my perfect game. It doesn’t happen often but it does still happen (at least pre 1.09, no idea if it got fixed with this patch).

And when it locks in, there’s nothing you can do.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
I see it probably every 5 games or so. But I'll get a ground ball to my first baseman, I'll press o to run and step on the bag, but my fielder will just stay locked in this jogging animation and run in a straight line past the bag until the play is over. I got lucky once and the base runner conveniently ran into me as I ran across the foul line and got the tag out. They field the ball fine, it's just the transition into tagging the base where the issue occurs.

I'm wondering if it's just a problem with auto fielding instead of manual? But then I use manual throwing, so I don't know.
Damn that stinks.

Yeah I use manual fielding so maybe it is an auto field only issue??? Or maybe I've just been lucky thus far.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #44
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles

that just happened to me like 30min ago with new patch. And I'm on manual fielding.

Didn't know it was a bug, thought it was my error !!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
that just happened to me like 30min ago with new patch. And I'm on manual fielding.

Didn't know it was a bug, thought it was my error !!
Well there goes the auto fielding theory...LOL

Hopefully I'll continue to be exempt from it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #46
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well there goes the auto fielding theory...LOL

Hopefully I'll continue to be exempt from it.

LOL.... but if the bug existed before patch, I have to say I never saw that in +50 franchise games and many Play now. That's why I didn't pay attention.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #47
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
LOL.... but if the bug existed before patch, I have to say I never saw that in +50 franchise games and many Play now. That's why I didn't pay attention.
Yeah I'm over 70 games in and I haven't seen it.

I'll probably see it every game now...LOL

Old 05-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
Probably my biggest issue with the game but just the infield? The outfield suffers pretty bad as well on doubles that should be singles as they just nonchalantly throw the ball back in.

1 out of 2 ain't bad I guess.
Oddly at default settings I had a lot of bloop singles to the outfield where the outfielder would get the ball in so fast (or runner logic was so bad) that they'd get the force out for the player running to second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »