Home

Homerun totals in franchise

This is a discussion on Homerun totals in franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Homerun totals in franchise

Just curious how you guys are stacking up with the rest of the league in your franchises. I'm more so wondering about those who play every game since the sim numbers will likely change things. This year I am playing multiple franchises to keep things fresh and hopefully stop me from abandoning franchises to start over. I have all my franchises caught up with each other up to May 1st. Anyway, I love the long ball as I'm sure many of you do, so I typically pick my teams with lots of power. That being said I feel I am hitting an absurd amount of homeruns so far and was wondering how you guys are doing. Here's the totals from my 4 franchises so far:

117 total games played. 270 total HR. AVG- 2.31 HR/GM. I've surrendered a total of 124 HR, 1.06 HR/GM.

I play on Default HOF hitting and Default Legend pitching. Most of my leagues I am middle of the road in pitching. I lead the league in Team HR in all 4 franchises. I've hit the most with my Rockies Fantasy team(Trout/Gallo/K. Davis ) with a team total of 84 through April The Yankees of all teams have hit the least for me but still have hit 50 mostly by Judge/Stanton/Sanchez(35 total).

So what types of numbers are you guys seeing? Just curious to see if this is more common.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Homerun totals in franchise

I've hit 73 homeruns in 68 games which is tied for 14th in the majors. Orioles have the most at 96 and the Brewers have the least at 45.

I've given up 61 homeruns thru 68 games which is good for 4th least in the majors. Mets given up fewest at 49 and the Brewers have surrendered the most with 88.

I'm playing on default Legend across the board with Zone hitting and Meter pitching.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've hit 73 homeruns in 68 games which is tied for 14th in the majors. Orioles have the most at 96 and the Brewers have the least at 45.

I've given up 61 homeruns thru 68 games which is good for 4th least in the majors. Mets given up fewest at 49 and the Brewers have surrendered the most with 88.

I'm playing on default Legend across the board with Zone hitting and Meter pitching.

I should have included that I also play with Zone hitting and meter pitching.

Does your team have a lot of power in the lineup?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:28 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumodeads
I should have included that I also play with Zone hitting and meter pitching.

Does your team have a lot of power in the lineup?
No...not really.

Current every day lineup:

Harrison Bader
Stephen Piscotty
Matt Carpenter
Randal Grichuk
Patrick Wisdom
Paul DeJong
Carson Kelly
Kolten Wong

Bench:

Aledmys Diaz
Josh Thole
Matt Holliday
Tommy Pham
Jeremy Hazelbaker

So its not like we have 40 homerun hitters in our lineup but Carpenter, Grichuk, Wisdom, and DeJong will probably all hit 20 homeruns before seasons end.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #5
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

Played 9 games, I have hit 11 homeruns...ranks 15th in the league with the Giants 1st with 18 homers and the Rays last with 5.

I have allowed 14 homeruns....ranks 23rd in the league with the Red Sox 1st with 3 homers allowed and the Rangers last with 19 served up.

Batting Average .262 ranks 13th. ERA 4.41 ranks 15th.

Legend-timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Through 64 games with the Braves, I've hit 83 home runs, tied for 4th in the league with the Yankees. Freddie Freeman also has 22 of them.

Twins lead the league with 90, Orioles have 85, Rangers have 84, Yankees, Braves, and Dodgers have 83. Padres are last with 46.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I've played every game into early August with my Cubs franchise. Kris Bryant leads all of baseball with 36 HRs, but after a period where he was on fire, has slowed down a lot over the past few weeks. He was around 30 in early July.

On the rest of the club, I have a bunch of guys on pace for between 30-40 HRs, but seeing as I'm playing with the Cubs, this isn't too unrealistic.

I also have given up using the square button this year, after always using it from 2008-2016. It seems to have majorly changed in how it functions, and isn't reliable any more. So my numbers have taken a dip because of that, but its probably made things more realistic.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #8
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

This is what i was hoping to know from you since you are also on legend zone hitting. Im considering going all default hitting. All my numbers look good at my current settings except way too few HR. All i need to asjust is solid hits up another notch to be very close to default. (Only difference will be cpu consistency at 6, and strike frequency at 4, to get down to 60% first pitch strikes.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »