Home

Online Co-Op?

This is a discussion on Online Co-Op? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Online Co-Op?

So my buddy is in town for Memorial weekend and we’ve been having a blast playing The Show together co-op against the CPU.

Is there anyway to play co-op online, or is share play the only way? Unfortunately Share Play is too laggy for a timing based game like The Show.

It would also be incredible to play 2 vs. 2 online. Really hope SDS considers adding this in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

AGBandit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Co-Op?

I'm actually pushing for full out 9 vs. 9 Online Team Mode where everyone controls their own player RTTS style.

Imagine being at bat and having 8 of your online teammates cheering you on and giving you tips of what to expect in a count.
Or screaming "Cut-off" when a deep fly to your outfielder teammates sets up a tag to go home.
Or encouraging your pitcher teammate not to put anything over the plate on a 0-2 strike count to a dangerous opponent with runners on.

I know the games are designed differently but come on, if Battlefield can handle 32 vs. 32 online with bullet hit detection, etc. then why can't a sports game handle 10-13 players on a field at the same time? It's 2018... do we really need to wait for PS5 to make this happen?
Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

They've had a near impossible time getting 1v1 to work properly online. Would love co-op and full team modes online, but not holding my breath for it happening anytime in the next decade.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

If they could even just get 2 player online co-op working, it’d be a huge selling point. Co-op games are insanely popular right now in general, and like I said, The Show is a blast in co-op mode. Just wish my buddy and I didn’t have to be in the same room to make it happen.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
Rookie

You can use share play, not sure if you can play online versus another human that way, but you can play against the CPU. The lag and latency is typically unbearable, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »