Home

Something happened to the difficulty...

This is a discussion on Something happened to the difficulty... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Something happened to the difficulty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
Did I say I played all my games on veteran? I play some in DD on veteran and usually I win until now. That’s my only observation. I didn’t say I won 99% of every game I play. You don’t really need to be dicks about it. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to win.
Wasn't being a dick at all - you only mentioned Veteran and nothing about DD, so what exactly am I supposed to assume about your difficulty level?

Nothing's wrong with wanting to win (and I didn't say there was), but I guess I should ask what you're looking for out of the game. If your difficulty level is good you're going to win some and lose some - that's just baseball because no one goes 162-0. If it's too low you're going to win an abnormally high % of games. To me, losing some games means that I'm playing on the "right" difficulty for my skill level, and is a sign I don't need to change anything.

Really not trying to be an *** here - I'm just curious what you want out of the game.

Edit: By DD do you mean dynamic difficulty or Diamond Dynasty? If it's Dynasty there's obviously more meaning in playing a lower difficulty in order to have a high winning percentage.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:15 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I also should have remembered that any time I post a question on here I just get criticized for something. Thanks for the help guys.
My apologies if my previous post seemed out of line. I only meant it light-heartedly & good-naturedly.

A Work in Progress
Old 06-02-2018, 12:23 AM   #11
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wasn't being a dick at all - you only mentioned Veteran and nothing about DD, so what exactly am I supposed to assume about your difficulty level?

Nothing's wrong with wanting to win (and I didn't say there was), but I guess I should ask what you're looking for out of the game. If your difficulty level is good you're going to win some and lose some - that's just baseball because no one goes 162-0. If it's too low you're going to win an abnormally high % of games. To me, losing some games means that I'm playing on the "right" difficulty for my skill level, and is a sign I don't need to change anything.

Really not trying to be an *** here - I'm just curious what you want out of the game.

Edit: By DD do you mean dynamic difficulty or Diamond Dynasty? If it's Dynasty there's obviously more meaning in playing a lower difficulty in order to have a high winning percentage.
Diamond Dynasty. Where exactly what you said, it’s good to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 12:26 AM   #12
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
My apologies if my previous post seemed out of line. I only meant it light-heartedly & good-naturedly.
You’re forgiven. I understand. I just wish more people would respond with something like “I have/haven’t noticed that” instead of criticizing how someone plays a game.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #13
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Also I guess I should have posted this in the Diamond Dynasty forum to be more specific of the mode I’m playing.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #14
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

I am personally LOVING 18 compared to 17. I had a logged in less than a full week of work (40 hrs) into 17 and have long since passed that mark and am as happy as I was with 15 and 16.

even when playing on rookie in 17, I couldn't hit to save my life... if you lose and cant win on rookie well you know you suck at this game lol... but now I'm smoking it in 18 and have no complaints... being in love with a game is great...
Old 06-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #15
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Did I say I played all my games on veteran? I play some in DD on veteran and usually I win until now. That’s my only observation. I didn’t say I won 99% of every game I play. You don’t really need to be dicks about it. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to win.
Nobody is being dicks. It's what you said in your original post. If your just a casual gamer and just want to win, then fine. I'm not sure what kind of response you wanted.

Quote:
I also should have remembered that any time I post a question on here I just get criticized for something. Thanks for the help guys.
You really didn't ask for help and it was quite unclear what you were getting at. I think most people rightfully read you won 99% of your games and you aren't happy now that you can't. Maybe you should have been clearer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #16
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I am also having a hard time adjusting to the latest patch. I was just no-hit by Oakland. I had my difficulty on dynamic but my hitting went all the way down to just above rookie when I was up at all star. My pitching was almost to HOF and was down to veteran. I switched both to AS and got no hit. So now I'm going down to veteran to get my legs under me again before I go back into my franchise. I'm not exactly sure what part of hitting got patched but lately I can't buy a hit.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »