Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2018, 03:39 AM   #41
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.11 Available, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Last week I posted in Countryboy’s forum about how I wish the negativity around this game would die down, and now... I’m wiped out!

These patches are REALLY wearing me down. A 1/2 dozen games post patch & I am hitting seeds ALL over the place & scoring runs like NEVER before...

May be turning off the PS4 for a while as I am REALLY getting frustrated! How in the hell are offline franchise guys ever gunna get a stat simulation’d season in with gameplay being constantly jerked with ALL YEAR LONG! I could never understand how guys could leave the current installment of The Show & go back to a previous year... NOW I get it.

Default LEGEND, MikeLowe & even Pagoi’s sliders aren’t helping... How much easier can this game get? Are us ZONE / METER guys gunna be forced to switch to DIRECTIONAL / CLASSIC?

-GW-

“GW, step off the ledge”... yeah, I get it! I’ve Loved this title for so long that it actually hurts me to see it trend downward like this...
I cant speak for the patch personally but changes like that would drive me crazy. It takes long enough for baseball stats to stabilize and get a true indicator of how i am really playing over time, without having several other variables pop in and influence everything.

From reading many posts this year you would think MLB 18 should have the slogan "Take a journey through the era's of Baseball!" Seems like people have seen the modern era, the dead ball era, and the live ball era, all within the first 2.5 months of the season. This one is starting to sound like the Steroid era?

Maybe some people dont mind mid-season changes, but i even prefer my own personal sliders to stay pretty close to how they were to start the season so the stats are at least consistent. I would hate to have to start bumping sliders around mid-stream to attempt to compensate for a patch.

I am not saying that is the case with this particular (or any) patch because i really have no idea. It just seems like there are more and more people indicating that there are significant changes and that is what i am trying to avoid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
How in the hell are offline franchise guys ever gunna get a stat simulation’d season in with gameplay being constantly jerked with ALL YEAR LONG! I could never understand how guys could leave the current installment of The Show & go back to a previous year... NOW I get it.

Default LEGEND, MikeLowe & even Pagoi’s sliders aren’t helping... How much easier can this game get? Are us ZONE / METER guys gunna be forced to switch to DIRECTIONAL / CLASSIC? This game is becoming a 1 button, ratings driven version of strat-o-matic

I don't think I could go back to a previous year.

I'd rather just tweak what needs tweaking. If anything, if this PCI influencing batted ball profiles works, it's better, not worse. If you're a good hitter and put the good part of the bat on the center of the ball - why shouldn't you hit it well? Sounds right to me.

I'm always fascinated by the different experience. Countryboy is default legend zone/meter player and his experience seems to be steady and consistent across every version of the game and he posts his games in the franchise thread. He's getting the same varied scores, flows of the game, etc. Yet for you it's not and not in a good way and you've even tried tweaked sliders designed for challenge.

Sounds like I would lower contact slider and solid hits. Shrink the PCI and make it so that you have to be really precise to get the best hits - which is made more possible by the new PCI system, if it works as intended. Heck, go bold - put them at 0 just to see the behavior. Then come back up until you get realism. Maybe you'd find your new water mark that way.

If anything, you have the advantage over me and my love of the one-button, ratings-based strat-o-matic, interfaces (even though there's more to them but I'll go with it), you don't rely on/have to deal with RNG.

So you should have more freedom to tweak since the sliders are limited/pushed solely by your own skill, not the roll of digital dice and the fear of manipulating them too far one way or another.

But I'll say that for me, the experience has pretty much stayed steady. Games play out the same, the results and such are in the same realms, and even if I'm a Classic pitcher, the AI may not be "using" Directional, and either way, the new system probably impacts just the same.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:31 AM   #43
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I feel like the CPU has gotten buffed as well with the PCI changes, so maybe it'll even things out with the right sliders?

I'm only a couple games in, but I don't feel like the game is all that much easier, but time will tell. It doesn't feel like a dramatic difference, so adjusting sliders to suit your needs should do the trick.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-08-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #44
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Well this just happened...........................

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:54 AM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit

I just imagine the first baseman running down the line screaming at the right fielder, "DON'T TOUCH IT! THAT IS MY BALL! DON'T TOUCH IT, I'LL GET IT!!!"

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #46
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit

I see the video but what are we looking for? You need to be more specific.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #47
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I see the video but what are we looking for? You need to be more specific.
I think its the fact that the first baseman appeared to be locked into an animation of fielding the ball to the point where he chased the ball all the way down into the right field corner and the right fielder just stood there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #48
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think its the fact that the first baseman appeared to be locked into an animation of fielding the ball to the point where he chased the ball all the way down into the right field corner and the right fielder just stood there.
This. Which allowed me to score a grand slam inside the park home run in RTTS.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »