Home

question about franchise mode

This is a discussion on question about franchise mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Icon5 question about franchise mode

i'm rather new to mlb the show and have never tried franchise. always played in season mode.

I want to be able to control most of everything during the season so I'm trying it out.

might be a silly question but are there maximums you have for number of players in each division...ie...MLB,AAA,AA,A in franchise mode?

do you still have to have 25,25,25 & 15 players in their respective divisions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: question about franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
i'm rather new to mlb the show and have never tried franchise. always played in season mode.

I want to be able to control most of everything during the season so I'm trying it out.

might be a silly question but are there maximums you have for number of players in each division...ie...MLB,AAA,AA,A in franchise mode?

do you still have to have 25,25,25 & 15 players in their respective divisions?

Yes there are a maximum of 90 total players in the organization:

25 in MLB
25 in AAA
25 in AA
15 in A

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

You can actually play with less than the maximum in each division as well, but there is a point where the game will hold you up if there are less than needed. I've run into this when players are injured in a league and I don't notice that the one team has like only 19 players. I never played season mode but are you planning to run just one team or all 30? There are roster quirks to be aware of (40 man, options etc) if you don't want the computer team to snap up all your good players being sent to the minors.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Yep 25, 25, 25, and 15. Aside from September call-ups and Spring Training, naturally.

Though likely past year 2, you'll never have 15 guys in Single A. After 9 seasons total past the first year in my franchises, the most guys I had in Single A was 8.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
You can actually play with less than the maximum in each division as well, but there is a point where the game will hold you up if there are less than needed. I've run into this when players are injured in a league and I don't notice that the one team has like only 19 players. I never played season mode but are you planning to run just one team or all 30? There are roster quirks to be aware of (40 man, options etc) if you don't want the computer team to snap up all your good players being sent to the minors.
i am wanting to control 3 teams of the 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
i am wanting to control 3 teams of the 30.
OK, just be cognizant that a player on the MLB team that is out of options that you want to send to the minors will need to go through waivers. One of the CPU teams may claim him. And if you want to move a guy up to the MLB team who isn't on the 40 man roster you need to add him, and maybe have to designate someone for assignment to get the number back down to 40 if that is the case. As was mentioned it gets rare to have 15 on your A squad after time. Have fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »