Home

CPU bonehead plays

This is a discussion on CPU bonehead plays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU bonehead plays

Wanted to share a boneheaded play by the cpu that ended up costing them the game. I’m at the Marlins up by three with two outs in the bottom of the ninth With one man on. Their batter hits a double to the right corner and the runner on first tries to make it home and is thrown out at the plate to end the game instead of staying at 3rd and allowing the tying run to come to the plate.
Wanted to see if anyone else experienced a bonehead play like this?
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: CPU bonehead plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabastiane
Wanted to share a boneheaded play by the cpu that ended up costing them the game. I’m at the Marlins up by three with two outs in the bottom of the ninth With one man on. Their batter hits a double to the right corner and the runner on first tries to make it home and is thrown out at the plate to end the game instead of staying at 3rd and allowing the tying run to come to the plate.
Wanted to see if anyone else experienced a bonehead play like this?
Two outs? I dunno. Doesn't sound out of the possibility to me.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Two outs? I dunno. Doesn't sound out of the possibility to me.
It 'should' be put of the realm of possibility because that run means nothing. That runner should never try to score unless he can score uncontested. I saw something similar once in my franchise last year,. But it probably happens rarely enough that i can chalk it up to a player who didnt have his head in the game. It does happen occasionally in MLB, so yes "technically" not of the realm of possibility.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 06-15-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
It 'should' be put of the realm of possibility because that run means nothing. That runner should never try to score unless he can score uncontested. I saw something similar once in my franchise last year,. But it probably happens rarely enough that i can chalk it up to a player who didnt have his head in the game. It does happen occasionally in MLB, so yes "technically" not of the realm of possibility.
A lot of times we ask why stuff like this isn't in the game. Appears it is. One of those games that ends on a WTH? It happens.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I wonder if the runners aggressiveness was high, like 70 plus high. I sure wouldnt want to see it happen with someone like David Ortiz trying to score.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
CPU bonehead plays

I threw out Mark Trumbo at home trying to score on an attempted inside the park home run. He hit a screaming liner off the the left field wall that Stanton played like a hand grenade. The ball bounced about 100 feet away until Gardner came over from center, relayed the throw to Gregorius who threw home to nail Trumbo by plenty. It was only in the 4th inning though so I guess you can’t really call it a bone head play at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I threw out Mark Trumbo at home trying to score on an attempted inside the park home run. He hit a screaming liner off the the left field wall that Stanton played like a hand grenade. The ball bounced about 100 feet away until Gardner came over from center, relayed the throw to Gregorius who threw home to nail Trumbo by plenty. It was only in the 4th inning though so I guess you can’t really call it a bone head play at the time.
Yeah you only get a few opportunities in your career for an inside the park home run. Especially for a guy like Trumbo, so he was probably thinking "it's now or never!", and ran through the third base coach's stop sign and prayed for a bad throw.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Yeah you only get a few opportunities in your career for an inside the park home run. Especially for a guy like Trumbo, so he was probably thinking "it's now or never!", and ran through the third base coach's stop sign and prayed for a bad throw.

Matt V actually did say he ignored the third base coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »