Home

Zero Stamina Pitchers

This is a discussion on Zero Stamina Pitchers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Zero Stamina Pitchers

Question

Is it only long relievers they are leaving in for a prolonged period of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #10
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Question

Is it only long relievers they are leaving in for a prolonged period of time?

Yes countryboy in my case. It seems to always be the LR spot, who usually is a 6th starting pitcher. Ive tried in other franchises to remove the LR pitcher, but the cpu keeps moving them back. I got tired of going in every day and moving guys out of the LR spot, especially the 6th starter. Its really frustrating, but it is what it is I guess until they do something about it. I really dont want to micro manage the other teams.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Yes countryboy in my case. It seems to always be the LR spot, who usually is a 6th starting pitcher. Ive tried in other franchises to remove the LR pitcher, but the cpu keeps moving them back. I got tired of going in every day and moving guys out of the LR spot, especially the 6th starter. Its really frustrating, but it is what it is I guess until they do something about it. I really dont want to micro manage the other teams.

That was going to my suggestion to move them out to see if it helped.

Also going to suggest moving them prior to series starting but it doesn’t sound as though that band aid works either.

For me if I see it happening I just switch teams and “fix” it but that’s not possible in MoM

Sorry I can’t offer anything else to help

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
That was going to my suggestion to move them out to see if it helped.

Also going to suggest moving them prior to series starting but it doesn’t sound as though that band aid works either.

For me if I see it happening I just switch teams and “fix” it but that’s not possible in MoM

Sorry I can’t offer anything else to help

Im in game 3 of the series and yet again, wash, rinse, repeat. 3rd game in a row of 8+ homeruns (series Indians (me) 23 Angels 4) leading to another blow out, leading to Tropeano making a 3rd appearance, leading to ANOTHER 3+ inning pitcher.

Could it be the Hybrid roster? I only got 2 games in with patch 1.10 with the hybrid and this is game 4 with 1.11. Just trying to make sense of this. I really appreciate you trying to help countryboy.

I actually have my other (OSFM) franchise still. I am going to do a few games and see if I see any difference. I havent played any since the update with that. Its a longshot that thats what it is, but Im sure I should see some kind of difference.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Last edited by forme95; 06-18-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Im in game 3 of the series and yet again, wash, rinse, repeat. 3rd game in a row of 8+ homeruns (series Indians (me) 23 Angels 4) leading to another blow out, leading to Tropeano making a 3rd appearance, leading to ANOTHER 3+ inning pitcher.

Could it be the Hybrid roster? I only got 2 games in with patch 1.10 with the hybrid and this is game 4 with 1.11. Just trying to make sense of this. I really appreciate you trying to help countryboy.

I actually have my other (OSFM) franchise still. I am going to do a few games and see if I see any difference. I havent played any since the update with that. Its a longshot that thats what it is, but Im sure I should see some kind of difference.

It could be

I’m playing a carryover franchise that used default rosters (I made edits within franchise) and haven’t experienced this to the level you’re describing.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
It could be

I’m playing a carryover franchise that used default rosters (I made edits within franchise) and haven’t experienced this to the level you’re describing.

Its interesting how guys who are using carryover rosters arent having issues like the 18 roster guys are. Armor (who I watch religously) uses carry over and same thing, its like night and day. I really think SDS this year just threw rosters together with no thought or very little.

I actually have considered buying 17 and simming through a season and then carry it over to 18 lol. Guys who are using a carryover are having such a different experience that its almost worth trying it.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #15
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Its interesting how guys who are using carryover rosters arent having issues like the 18 roster guys are. Armor (who I watch religously) uses carry over and same thing, its like night and day. I really think SDS this year just threw rosters together with no thought or very little.

I actually have considered buying 17 and simming through a season and then carry it over to 18 lol. Guys who are using a carryover are having such a different experience that its almost worth trying it.
This is the first time hearing someone mention this, but I have noticed this for a while. I just kind of blew it off, and I've never said anything to anyone, because I don't see how that would even make much of a difference. But, time after time, i hear of carryovers having a better experience. Mike Lowe also uses a carryover, and has much better results than others (at least several people i have talked to that used his set, can't speak for others).

I started out with a carryover franchise with 17 OSFM using Mike Lowe's set and it played great with no tweaking. I noticed a big difference immediately when I switched to 18 OSFM. After a lot of slider testing and tweaking I finally got it to where I like it. But It did seem much easier and better with my carryover. I thought it was a coincidence, but over time i have noticed the same thing you are pointing out.

Could be a strange coincidence, but at least I'm glad to see someone else with the same thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:

You don’t have to buy it. I’ll send it to you to do this and you send back.

I’m serious

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »