Home

Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I'm not sure why guys use other peoples sliders. Only reason would be that they have the same "talent" with a controller/eye sight, etc. and use the same difficulty level.

I've never played this game unless I put in my "spring training", or single games v. the CPU prior to my franchise. That way I'm pretty comfortable when I do start my franchise. I rarely even touch a slider after that and just got with the ebb and flow.
I'm not sure why people use sliders.....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #10
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm not sure why guys use other peoples sliders. Only reason would be that they have the same "talent" with a controller/eye sight, etc. and use the same difficulty level.

I've never played this game unless I put in my "spring training", or single games v. the CPU prior to my franchise. That way I'm pretty comfortable when I do start my franchise. I rarely even touch a slider after that and just got with the ebb and flow.
Same here. I wish i could show everybody my data from all my testing before i started playing my franchise. I play with every team and i get in
100 to 200 games. That is also my "spring". Its a blast for me. I have my own sliders developed from that. That set, i do not touch unless i see something definitely unrealistic. Occasionally i find someone who is dang close to mine, or plays similarly. And im always looking for new thoughts amd ideas, whether i incorporate them or not. I have multiple franchises with different slider sets but I let my main franchise play out.

However many people dont have the time, patience, or get any enjoyment out of testing sliders. They just want to play the game. So it only makes sense for them to use someone's set that does, and then adjust.

My friend that i play with every year (we both play offline franchise with the same team start at the same time and send each other stats as we go through the season) he doesn't have time or understanding of sliders to do this, so he uses mine. And each year he has similarly realistic results as me and we have a blast comparing stats. In 2016 i went to the playoffs but he didnt make it. But last year i didn't make it, but he did. So far this year we are pretty even, but he has a better record than me.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm not sure why people use sliders.....

You're a rare breed CB, a rare breed, indeed. I try default every year but i always have to adjust to fix some things. Straight default just doesn't do it for me on many levels (however i used your idea early on, and went default hitting with my other sliders, which i had not tried because i had already moved on, and it worked like a bute (beaut? byoot? ))

Fielder speed is really the biggest thing i have to change. Most others are at, or somewhat near, default. Just a few tweaks to default and percentages line up for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
it worked like a bute (beaut? byoot? ))
beeute....
Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #13
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:

Exactly what I did in my franchise, I used Spring Training to get my sliders set the way I wanted them. Pretty much had them perfect by the end although I've just adjusted the difficulty so I might have to make a few more adjustments.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #14
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

I also use default sliders and find I get a realistic enough experience just playing on dynamic difficulty
Old 06-27-2018, 02:11 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMaxxx13
I also use default sliders and find I get a realistic enough experience just playing on dynamic difficulty
Stop using other user names CB - it is against OS rules!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #16
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

I suggest using fenwaymac Legend Sliders trust me. You’ll lose some

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »