Home

Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is it just me or is the CPU offense incompetent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I guess there will always be a few players with a combination of good stick skills and savvy baseball strategy that they make the CPU seem incompetent but I wonder if a couple more global sliders like vision and discipline could make the CPU a even tougher challenge for those who want it.

This is how the "Contact" slider should be broken up just from a customization standpoint.

Contact, Vision, and Discipline are all distinct - should haven't to raise or drop them all together.

At the very least, separate strike zone judgement (Discipline and Vision) from batting average/BABIP (Contact).
Old 07-11-2018, 06:38 PM   #50
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Good, good. I'm a compulsive pathological liar and I feel better knowing my efforts aren't wasted
Now that i know that you are a compulsive pathological liar, coupled with the fact that you just told me that you are a compulsive pathological liar, means that you are probably lying about being a compulsive pathological liar. So i continue to believe that all of your previously listed reasons were true.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This is how the "Contact" slider should be broken up just from a customization standpoint.

Contact, Vision, and Discipline are all distinct - should haven't to raise or drop them all together.

At the very least, separate strike zone judgement (Discipline and Vision) from batting average/BABIP (Contact).
I'm glad there is a global slider for Solid Hits but I wonder why that isn't used as an individual attribute for all players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Now that i know that you are a compulsive pathological liar, coupled with the fact that you just told me that you are a compulsive pathological liar, means that you are probably lying about being a compulsive pathological liar. So i continue to believe that all of your previously listed reasons were true.
Excellent.
Spongebob_Patrick_Hands.gif
Apparently I'm also extremely proficient in the fine art of manipulation as well

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I'm glad there is a global slider for Solid Hits but I wonder why that isn't used as an individual attribute for all players.
The only thing I can think of is the Contact rating is basically the "solid hits rating", given it's purpose (represents the quality of contact the player gets, abstracted by accuracy of PCI placement and countered by pitcher deceptiveness [H/9] ).

Otherwise, I'd love it even as a "hidden" rating that's exposed via perks like Pickoff Artist.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Apparently I'm also extremely proficient in the fine art of manipulation as well
----------
Attached Images
File Type: gif giphy-10.gif (1.49 MB, 62 views)
Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #54
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

This is certainly like the opposite of bragging, but I thought that I'd share that in my most recent game, I'd given up 13 hits and 5 runs to the Reds through the 5th inning. If not for several forced double plays, they'd have been destroying me. In the end, I gave up 21 hits, and lost the game 8-5.

There are just some days for me that the CPU keeps hitting rockets right between my infield and outfield, and bleeds me all game long.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I guess I'll post this here:

One strange thing in my franchise is how dominant my bullpen has become. The CPU rarely gets a hit, let alone a run, against my pen. I'm the Braves, so it's not like my pen should be dominant. Vizcaino has an ERA under 1 with an opponents BA of about .100. Whitley, my long reliever, is the only member of my pen with an ERA over 3. By comparison, I only have one starter with an ERA under 4.

In past versions, I usually dominated with starters and struggled with the pen. One year, I had an ERA of over 5 with Kimbrel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I guess I'll post this here:

One strange thing in my franchise is how dominant my bullpen has become. The CPU rarely gets a hit, let alone a run, against my pen. I'm the Braves, so it's not like my pen should be dominant. Vizcaino has an ERA under 1 with an opponents BA of about .100. Whitley, my long reliever, is the only member of my pen with an ERA over 3. By comparison, I only have one starter with an ERA under 4.

In past versions, I usually dominated with starters and struggled with the pen. One year, I had an ERA of over 5 with Kimbrel.
When thou findest thyself at ease
And thy opponents are no longer fighters,
Do thyself a favour, and please,
Go into settings and adjust thy sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »