Home

Need a a team to rebuild

This is a discussion on Need a a team to rebuild within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2018, 05:48 AM   #17
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need a a team to rebuild

Padres. Padres. Padres. They are right there all they need are some more good pitching and in a few years once their minors leaguers develop you have yourself a contender.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-30-2018, 04:42 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

let me take a moment & give the Caulfield Official Seal of Endorsement to Oakland Coliseum.
the difference between the Show's Coliseum & IRL Crapiseum is night and day.
I alternate between Seattle & the Athletics as my go-to-AL-West team & I can truly appreciate what an amazing job SDS does with the little bit of lipstick it puts on that Alameda hog.

but I also stand by my original post in picking the White Sox.

A Work in Progress
Old 06-30-2018, 05:15 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Im running a 40 team franchise and i focus on 12 teams personally. 2 from each division. TO/NYY, DET/KC, OAK/SEA, ATL/MIA, CHC/CN, AZ/SD.

Im having a blast. Most are rebuilding team. 2 contenders and rest are "re-tooling". Couple teams I play the most are: Toronto, Oakland, Seattle, Miami, Reds and SD.

Toronto is fun because you have 3/4 of the infield locked down when you start up. Im in 2020 and Bichette is my 2nd baseman, Urena at SS and Vlad at 3rd. Then with the Donaldson trade i made in year 1, i brought in Jack Flaherty and Tyler ONeill who are starting. Still have Sanchez and Stroman in my rotation and Osuna closing. Fun team.

I will agree with everyone that O.Co is pretty awesome in game. Plus the As are like my third favorite team. They are young. But also not far off at the start.

Seattle is my 2nd favorite team irl. So i use them a ton. Trying to play all 162+ this season with them. Again. Ready made.

Reds are fun as well. They have some good pieces to start. I kept Hamilton. I still have Votto (going off of he'll stay a Red his whole career since hes stated he wont waive NTC). The park is gorgeous. They have a few good pieces to build around. Senzel, Hamilton, Votto, Peraza and a few solid prospects coming up.

Padres are blast. I actually love Petco unlike most. Theyre in a weird spot. Not to far off but rebuilding at same time. Hoz, Myers, Renfroe and Margot are the top of the lineup. Add in Galvis at short. Still have Tatis Jr waiting in the wings. A plethora of pitching coming up.

My suggestion would be either Toronto or SD
Old 07-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #20
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

How about Baltimore?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
How about Baltimore?
I’m actually in the same boat as OP, but Oakland, Tampa and Baltimore are on my short list. I was the Mariners in my previous franchise but I want to start over with the osfm hybrid roster. I like the pop Oakland has in the lineup and a deeper bench, but Baltimore has Machado, a deep pen and they’re in a more fun division.

I think I’ve spent more time deciding a franchise team than actually playing franchise games 😂
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #22
Pro

I rebuilt Texas Rangers

What I do to make it fair is leave between 80-90% of the current team and add a couple of key stars along side myself as a balanced rookie CAP player in Franchise Mode.

In this case of the Texas Rangers I added Eric Hosmer at 1st and Freddy Freeman at 3rd Base and Marcell Osuna in Left Field as well as myself abalanced rookie CAP player at SS!

Doing this if you use player lock helps the game not constantly rely on your CAP player and always force you to be the hero in big moments! Even if you are batting 8th in the line up.

You will occasionally get those endless ending 20 inning games until your CAP finally gets a hit or tries to get you to score a walk off. But balancing a team out with stars definitely helps a bit but can’t completely fix whats under the hood of a game.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #23
Rookie

A gorgeous stadium with a team worthy of a rebuild......

......the Kansas City Royals.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #24
Rookie

Oakland has been a team i’ve played with for years. I’m a Mets fan but I prefer using the A’s in the game. Great uniforms and the stadium doesn’t bother me at all. I actually like that it’s different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »