Home

Urgency Issues

This is a discussion on Urgency Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #25
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Urgency Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I had too many errors, even getting it perfectly in the green, when using meter. Not sure why. Plus i had guys being safe on close plays that should have been an out 100% of the time. After going to no meter/no feedback (ive played a lot of games like this) all of my players have thrown with enough urgency to get the runner... so far.
Seems the meter only represents the accuracy to a certain extent because almost every time I'm early on the release of the meter, it's an error.

So essentially, the player has no say in how quickly or how hard the user-controlled player throws the ball. That is only affected by the situation at hand, the distance, and how hard the ball is hit; and the AI logic they have in place, isn't exactly the most reliable in making the correct adjustments.

Just correlate them all into the meter. Place the green area closer to the meter to make it relatively difficult so a Perfectly or Good timed release equals a Well thrown, well timed, accurate throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #26
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

The only issue I have with fielding is a couple of times I've had a ground ball hit that my fielder can get to and instead he just stands there and watches the ball go right past him and there's no way for me to override it. The animation to field the ball never happens and it's just super like WTF?
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-12-2018, 11:20 PM   #27
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I had too many errors, even getting it perfectly in the green, when using meter. Not sure why. Plus i had guys being safe on close plays that should have been an out 100% of the time. After going to no meter/no feedback (ive played a lot of games like this) all of my players have thrown with enough urgency to get the runner... so far.

I use button throwing and always have so many that's why I don't have the fielder throw issue.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-13-2018, 12:55 AM   #28
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I use button throwing and always have so many that's why I don't have the fielder throw issue.
I think this is the difference too. Ive used analog throwing for a long time, and it does seem to make it more difficult. However using no meter/no feedback has been great for me. I like seeing them fire the ball when necessary. The way they throw looks realistic.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #29
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Found the next most embarrassing Ai urgency issue yet.

Wil Myers hits a screaming groundball at Bour that he dives for and stops, flips it over to Garcia. Garcia's got him beat by about 2 steps, but decides to just shuffle over to touch the base, by then Myers has him beat by a step.

This AI is ********.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #30
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Update

Hunter Renfroe launched a deep fly ball to dead center, got Brinson there about 2 seconds before landing, and he just stands there and takes the ball into the chest.

Oh man, not my night. :
Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #31
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I haven't really had runners beat out throws because of the issue, but the amount of close plays that shouldn't be close is unsettling. I think the issue may be that the fielders take their sweet time, but baserunners are hustling 110%. We get the lazy throw over but not the lazy jog down the line. IRL, batters aren't really trying to beat out hard-hit, routine grounders, and that's when fielders slack off a bit. In the game, however, hitters always run up to their rated speed, and it throws the balance off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #32
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I haven't really had runners beat out throws because of the issue, but the amount of close plays that shouldn't be close is unsettling. I think the issue may be that the fielders take their sweet time, but baserunners are hustling 110%. We get the lazy throw over but not the lazy jog down the line. IRL, batters aren't really trying to beat out hard-hit, routine grounders, and that's when fielders slack off a bit. In the game, however, hitters always run up to their rated speed, and it throws the balance off.
It's even worse with outfielders sometime.

A simple fix, for meters, is to make the center of the green a quick throw. Center green = quick, hard, accurate throw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »