Home

I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling patch 1.12

This is a discussion on I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling patch 1.12 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #33
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling patch 1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Not on Veteran. Fastball down and away suddenly goes belthigh and down the middle with 93 control. If it happened every so often, sure, I’d believe that. But it happens way too often than it should, even with the control slider bumped up. It’s happened so much to the point where it’s frustrating; I won’t touch the game for a long time, now.

Wow, then you would never survive pitching with the meter on legend. It's tough, I tell you. But rewarding.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #34
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling patch 1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
And it's the reason I like Legend Meter. It's the same - Even if I hit my spot perfectly on the meter I'm not guaranteed to have the ball go where I want it (especially if I have a low control/BB/9 or low confidence pitcher out there). Plus on Legend the CPU punishes mistakes hard, which forces me to aim further out from the center of the plate (and often off of the plate), which induces more user walks.

So you might ask why I'd play meter if I know I'm not going to get a perfect output even if I have a perfect input. Because if I have a bad input with the meter I'm almost guaranteed a bad result, either a ball that no one will swing at, or a mistake that gets hammered by Legend CPU PCI's. So, I'm still in control of my outcome in the end - if I don't execute my pitches with the meter, I'm not going to have a chance to win. Simple as that.

Exactly. There are times you have to aim outside the strike zone because you know the pitcher is gonna miss location and you want to hit the corner instead of the middle of the plate. It's a fun challenge for sure.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »