Home

Does anyone else play Spring Training games in minor league and classic stadiums?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else play Spring Training games in minor league and classic stadiums? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Does anyone else play Spring Training games in minor league and classic stadiums?

When I play Spring Training, I like to play the games in the minor league stadiums (my home is Statesman Park) and in the classic stadiums, because having just two Spring Training stadiums (one for Grapefruit and one for Cactus) is boring.

I assign teams a home stadium for the Spring. I play in Statesman Park, Marlins have Bayfront Park, Mets play in Franco Park, Twins play in HHH Metrodome, and that is all that I can remember off the top of my head..LOL

Doing this helps me play thru Spring Training and allows me to play in each of the minor league stadiums as well as the classic stadiums.

Anyone else do this?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-16-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: lack of coffee....LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone else play Spring Training games in minor league and classic stadiums?

I don't do that but I do play in the classic stadia from mid-June to the trade deadline for variety. So the Giants will play in the polo grounds, for example, for games where i choose to play and they are the home team.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone else play Spring Training games in minor league and classic stadiums?

Since when did they take out all the Spring Training stadiums? Haven’t owned the show since 2014 on PS3, I can clearly recall many stadiums available for spring training. I was kind of shocked to only see two in 18.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I generally consider the minor league stadiums to be quasi Spring Training sites, and play games in those. I don't play minor league games otherwise, so they fit the bill.

I've played in the classics here and there during the regular season, but I had never played a game at the Polo Grounds until yesterday. Holy Cow, that place is insane! The first and third base lines are only about 250 feet to the wall, and the outfield is enormous! I hit seven traditional home runs, and two inside the parkers.

The first inside the park one was a ball hit over the fielders' heads that bounced around for a while, but the second one took the cake. I hit a hard grounder that rolled between the fielders due to the shift, and it was on the ground the entire way from near the pitcher's mound to the OF corner. It looked like a little league game, with the players chasing after it, while my runner ran around the bases and jogged to home plate. It just rolled and rolled and rolled.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I generally consider the minor league stadiums to be quasi Spring Training sites, and play games in those. I don't play minor league games otherwise, so they fit the bill.

I've played in the classics here and there during the regular season, but I had never played a game at the Polo Grounds until yesterday. Holy Cow, that place is insane! The first and third base lines are only about 250 feet to the wall, and the outfield is enormous! I hit seven traditional home runs, and two inside the parkers.

The first inside the park one was a ball hit over the fielders' heads that bounced around for a while, but the second one took the cake. I hit a hard grounder that rolled between the fielders due to the shift, and it was on the ground the entire way from near the pitcher's mound to the OF corner. It looked like a little league game, with the players chasing after it, while my runner ran around the bases and jogged to home plate. It just rolled and rolled and rolled.
My only thought for these classic parks were if they play like they should or do they have a distance limitation effect so that Stanton and Martinez wouldn't have 95 home runs at home on otherwise long pop fly balls. It is nice to use them for me to give me a chance to see a park I wasn't able to see other than in highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
My only thought for these classic parks were if they play like they should or do they have a distance limitation effect so that Stanton and Martinez wouldn't have 95 home runs at home on otherwise long pop fly balls. It is nice to use them for me to give me a chance to see a park I wasn't able to see other than in highlights.
If you play 81 games @ Polo Grounds with Giancarlo, then thers a good chance you will hit 81 homers. Thats in addition to however many he hits on the road. Also, he hit zero triples last year but I bet you can get 5-10 with him @ Polo Grounds with his 58 speed.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 07-17-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When I play Spring Training, I like to play the games in the minor league stadiums (my home is Statesman Park) and in the classic stadiums, because having just two Spring Training stadiums (one for Grapefruit and one for Cactus) is boring.

I assign teams a home stadium for the Spring. I play in Statesman Park, Marlins have Bayfront Park, Mets play in Franco Park, Twins play in HHH Metrodome, and that is all that I can remember off the top of my head..LOL

Doing this helps me play thru Spring Training and allows me to play in each of the minor league stadiums as well as the classic stadiums.

Anyone else do this?
I rotate through all the stadiums. Classic and Minors while playing Spring Training. Games don't matter anyways and its a great chance to see all the ballparks
Old 07-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
If you play 81 games @ Polo Grounds with Giancarlo, then thers a good chance you will hit 81 homers. Thats in addition to however many he hits on the road. Also, he hit zero triples last year but I bet you can get 5-10 with him @ Polo Grounds with his 58 speed.
I had an inside the park homer there with a guy who has 38 speed

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »