Home

Homerun Robbing Marker

This is a discussion on Homerun Robbing Marker within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Homerun Robbing Marker

Can anyone explain to me how the red and yellow HR robbing circle thingy works? I have never been able to figure it out. Usually my guy never even gets close to the marker before the ball clears the wall, but even in the rare case that he does I still can't rob any homeruns because I don't know when to press the jump button. BTW, I play with 1-button dive/jump turned on. Doesn't seem to make any difference. My guys always dive. They never jump.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Homerun Robbing Marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Can anyone explain to me how the red and yellow HR robbing circle thingy works? I have never been able to figure it out. Usually my guy never even gets close to the marker before the ball clears the wall, but even in the rare case that he does I still can't rob any homeruns because I don't know when to press the jump button. BTW, I play with 1-button dive/jump turned on. Doesn't seem to make any difference. My guys always dive. They never jump.
The timing I use to press it is just after the circle has reached its smallest point - the center. Works best for me if I'm moving towards the wall instead of stopped directly on it.

With that said, I don't use one button jump/dive so I can't relate directly to the problem you're having. I'm guessing that you might be pressing it too soon and the game decides "dive" because there's no chance of it actually making a jumping wall catch with that timing. Just a hunch, though.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The timing I use to press it is just after the circle has reached its smallest point - the center. Works best for me if I'm moving towards the wall instead of stopped directly on it.

With that said, I don't use one button jump/dive so I can't relate directly to the problem you're having. I'm guessing that you might be pressing it too soon and the game decides "dive" because there's no chance of it actually making a jumping wall catch with that timing. Just a hunch, though.

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to turn that option off because I have the same problem with infielders trying to catch liners. They dive instead of jump. I'll just have to figure out which button is dive and which one is jump. I've never learned the difference between the two buttons.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to turn that option off because I have the same problem with infielders trying to catch liners. They dive instead of jump. I'll just have to figure out which button is dive and which one is jump. I've never learned the difference between the two buttons.

R2 is dive and R1 is jump; it’s easy to remember because R1 is “higher” than R2 on the controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »