Home

CPU Outfielder Routes

This is a discussion on CPU Outfielder Routes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #25
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Outfielder Routes

But Nolan, you can't really go out and say that the game isn't broken because some parts of the game's various systems have flaws that result in bad experiences for many people. Hence why people call it broken.

There's a huge system flaw with urgency on meter fielding.

There are some real nagging fielding issues that people experience.

My batting feedback is getting more inconsistent by the day.

Sometimes it really is just an infrequent bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #26
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Terribly sorry that I'm pointing out nagging bugs with the system.

It's totally not a problem at all that when I place a guy 3 seconds early into a position to catch a routine fly ball that he doesn't even attempt to field it.
It's the game needs an overhaul, this is broken, this always happens, it's a nagging bug, the code needs to be changed. Doesn't it sound a bit odd that you are placing a fielder into a position for "3 seconds" (that's a long time) and he doesn't even attempt to catch the ball. I think you've even posted that a fielder refused to even go after a ball that was hit. It's really hard to visualize these things.

I play on AUTO field, as I'm lousy with ASSISTED (which is manual). My reflexes just aren't up for it, but I have played on manual before and I didn't see the nagging problems with it. I didn't like it, but that was on me. I would usually make a stupid mistake (my fault) that lead me back to AUTO fielding (with manual throwing).

You even posted this.

"......When my starter gets tired is when they start fouling off crazy amounts of pitches. It's likely a strategy programmed into the AI to force your pitcher out of the game. I was also leading in this particular situation, so that would likely amplify it....."

I did have to laugh and responded "c'mon man". You responded it was just a theory.

C'mon man. If you're exaggerating you are only compounding your problems with the game. Nobody is going to be able to help you.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 07-25-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #27
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
But Nolan, you can't really go out and say that the game isn't broken because some parts of the game's various systems have flaws that result in bad experiences for many people. Hence why people call it broken.

There's a huge system flaw with urgency on meter fielding.

There are some real nagging fielding issues that people experience.

My batting feedback is getting more inconsistent by the day.

Sometimes it really is just an infrequent bug.
I am not saying certain things cannot use improvement. I would like to see improvement on many things each year. That doesn't mean it's broken.

I was talking about the game regarding inside the park home runs here. I dont see any inside the parkers. Any. I dont even count the only one i saw where i made two mistakes in the same play, including throwing to the wrong base.

I have not seen many posts or threads claiming "inside the park home runs are out of control" The fact that most people don't seem to often see them, and that i never see them, and i know people personally that never see them, tells me that specific area is not broken. Its just not. There has to be more to it than that.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #28
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I am not saying certain things cannot use improvement. I would like to see improvement on many things each year. That doesn't mean it's broken.

The fact that most people don't seem to often see them, and that i never see them, and i know people personally that never see them, tells me that specific area is not broken. Its just not. There has to be more to it than that.
Go on Youtube. I would bet 90% of the videos are manual fielding. Seems to work just fine. I think the majority of people don't like AUTO (like me) because the challenge isn't there. Seems to work for them.

You mentioned levels, for one, and you were spot on. Levels and proper sliders for you. You can even set the game to BEGINNER if you need to.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 07-25-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #29
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
It's the game needs an overhaul, this is broken, this always happens, it's a nagging bug, the code needs to be changed. Doesn't it sound a bit odd that you are placing a fielder into a position for "3 seconds" (that's a long time) and he doesn't even attempt to catch the ball. I think you've even posted that a fielder refused to even go after a ball that was hit. It's really hard to visualize these things.

I play on AUTO field, as I'm lousy with ASSISTED (which is manual). My reflexes just aren't up for it, but I have played on manual before and I didn't see the nagging problems with it. I didn't like it, but that was on me. I would usually make a stupid mistake (my fault) that lead me back to AUTO fielding (with manual throwing).

You even posted this.

"......When my starter gets tired is when they start fouling off crazy amounts of pitches. It's likely a strategy programmed into the AI to force your pitcher out of the game. I was also leading in this particular situation, so that would likely amplify it....."

I did have to laugh and responded "c'mon man". You responded it was just a theory.

C'mon man. If you're exaggerating you are only compounding your problems with the game. Nobody is going to be able to help you.
A bug is still a bug, infrequent or not. Bugs are supposed to be hard to visualize because they aren't supposed to happen. When nagging bugs happen to people frequently, they get frustrated with whatever system is bugging out on them and the game needs to be fixed.

I've had lots of issues with AI urgency using the meter, hence why I think it needs an overhaul or a stripdown.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I have not seen many posts or threads claiming "inside the park home runs are out of control" The fact that most people don't seem to often see them, and that i never see them, and i know people personally that never see them, tells me that specific area is not broken. Its just not. There has to be more to it than that.

I've seen some, but not very many. I also use 8 baserunning speed, so any fielder mistakes are magnified. Most don't go that high. Also play a lot of games in huge parks - Griffith Stadium and Coors Field, the home park of two of my franchises. Fenway isn't huge but CF-to-RF can be an adventure.

Still very few in-the-park HR.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Sorry I said anything. Just disregard my comment. This thread is why many probably don't speak up. It's not worth the hassle. Sorry guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 04:47 PM   #32
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I haven't seen any inside-the-park homeruns.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »