Home

CPU Outfielder Routes

This is a discussion on CPU Outfielder Routes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 04:49 PM   #33
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Outfielder Routes

I agree with there could be better mechanics all the way around. Especially playing the ball off the wall for the user controlled outfielder. For the most part, the outfield (CPU and User) plays ok. When I am controlling an outfielder I feel I take efficient routes, or routes that make sense based on where runners are and if a throw is going to need to be made. Just for the sake of realism, I wish the CPU outfielders would do the same. Especially the good ones, like Pillar in one of the videos I posted.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #34
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm7x
I agree with there could be better mechanics all the way around
As far as Assisted (manual) fielding goes, i can get on board with that statement. That is a more productive statement than just assuming its broken. I am not one to say User Fielding is 100% perfect. I think there is definitely room for improvement. I myself have more outfield problems than real MLB does (however i am continuing to see less and less issues, the better i get) Most plays are perfectly fine though.

Broken? No. But i wouldn't mind certain things to be a little more routine than they are. However, the more i play, the less and less i see those issues. Which tells me that much of it has to do with me learning it, instead of all of fielding being broken. I do think they could make the learning curve less steep for newer players.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
This thread is why many probably don't speak up. It's not worth the hassle.
A self-described "rant" after a simple question is more likely the reason people don't speak up or try to help. I was attempting to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #36
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
As far as Assisted (manual) fielding goes, i can get on board with that statement. That is a more productive statement than just assuming its broken. I am not one to say User Fielding is 100% perfect. I think there is definitely room for improvement. I myself have more outfield problems than real MLB does (however i am continuing to see less and less issues, the better i get) Most plays are perfectly fine though.

Broken? No. But i wouldn't mind certain things to be a little more routine than they are. However, the more i play, the less and less i see those issues. Which tells me that much of it has to do with me learning it, instead of all of fielding being broken. I do think they could make the learning curve less steep for newer players.

The only assisted fielding issue I've seen is on a ground ball that's within 2 or 3 steps of the fielder, he just stands there and the ball goes right past him for a hit. I've only seen it a couple times so it's not a big glitch, just a minor issue. For some reason the fielding of the ball animation never kicks in like it should.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-26-2018, 01:57 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
A self-described "rant" after a simple question is more likely the reason people don't speak up or try to help. I was attempting to help.
just like you were in the rocke-bunt thread...and your two buddies who liked your comment. give it a rest, dude. you live on here, and you're a self-proclaimed genius. anyone who disagrees with you gets your crap. tired of it, man. if i see something, i share it. when you and your cronies say otherwise, you treat people like a pariah here. you've got a pattern here where you think you have all the answers and then talk down to anyone who agrees with you. i don't live on OS - and I don't sit around and play games all day. i just shared my observation. i'm done...

(so go ahead and rip on me again, and then get your buddies to comment here and hop on). take care...
Old 07-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
just like you were in the rocke-bunt thread...and your two buddies who liked your comment. give it a rest, dude. you live on here, and you're a self-proclaimed genius. anyone who disagrees with you gets your crap. tired of it, man. if i see something, i share it. when you and your cronies say otherwise, you treat people like a pariah here. you've got a pattern here where you think you have all the answers and then talk down to anyone who agrees with you. i don't live on OS - and I don't sit around and play games all day. i just shared my observation. i'm done...

(so go ahead and rip on me again, and then get your buddies to comment here and hop on). take care...
This is completely uncalled for man.

After your initial post, he attempted to help. I asked those seeing issues to post videos so that those of us not having the issue, or seeing it, can see what you're seeing an attempt to help.

I've played over 200 games thus far and I haven't seen an issue with inside the park homeruns (I've hit one and the cpu has one against me), nor have I seen the issues that VG has been posting about.

If people aren't seeing what you're seeing, show them what you're seeing. People have the capability to provide video of issues they are seeing, I don't understand why they don't use it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #39
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:

Man, that’s childish drama. Just go away then. Spare us and yourself.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:

Come on man. What is even happening right now?That is two posts in a row where you pretend to be done, yet you throw jabs as youre leaving. Then you tell me to give it a rest... and i dont even have a problem with you. I barely even know you and i dont even know where this is coming from. You went on a big rant over a simple completely legitimate question. Its confusing.

You told me to "go ahead and rip on me again." Yet I havent ripped on you once. Can you see my confusion? I try to help people all the time on here, even if don't agree with everything they say. I want them to enjoy the game as much as i do and i try to take the time to help them if they want it. Do you even read my posts to others or the context?

Did you mistake me for someone else? I feel like i am in Bizzaro world right now.

Spoiler

I barely even know you, and have never had a problem with you, and i asked you one very reasonable question, in response to a very unique and surprising problem, and you admittedly flew off on a rant. And now you have something against me and i honestly still dont know what it is, other than a series of baseless claims (like saying that i "live" on here.... and that you don't -- yet you have almost 12,000 posts and a 35 Overall....[I only resort to that to show that your entire beef with me seems like a kneejerk reaction, or a release of some pent-up frustration that has nothing to do with me])

When you act like you're walking away, as in your last two posts, then throw another jab at me as you're leaving, you shouldn't be surprised to get a comment (or in this case questions) back.

If you are just frustrated with the game because it hasn't gone as well as expected for you, I get that, I hope you figure it out. But i would appreciate it if you didn't drag me through the mud because of it. If you must do it, at least provide legitimate examples, in their context, since there is a "pattern."

If you can't provide that, then lets get back to talking baseball, since people dont want to wade through this back and forth crap when they want to talk about the Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »