Home

Most Troublesome Opponent?

This is a discussion on Most Troublesome Opponent? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

ElMago9's Arena

OVR: 0
Most Troublesome Opponent?

I’ve been playing a franchise with the Cubs and it’s been a blast. Got a good record, decent player stats, and more than likely making the playoffs, so that’s good and all. I’ve also made some awesome plays, costly errors and had plenty of nail biters, and everything in between. So long story short, I played baseball haha.

But speaking of nail biters. I’ve had many, but boy when I play the Cardinals, it’s always a struggle to beat them. It’s a seesaw game - back and fourth, back and fourth. One takes the lead, the other ties every time...until the very last out obviously. Sometimes it’s a high scoring game, sometimes it’s 0-0 ‘til the very end. Believe me, I’m not complaining, it’s fun, has me at the edge of my seat while playing lol but I literally have the most trouble against the red birds. I think the season series is 8-7, in my favor. Sure, I won more games than I lost, but every single game was a struggle; very tough, down to the wire games. It’s fun.

So, with all that said, I was just curious: who’s the team that gives you the most trouble, the team that makes you work extra hard for a W?

This question is for any person that plays franchise mode, or anyone else I suppose.

Ps I use real-life rosters. So keep that in mind. Cardinals don’t have Mike Trout, Mookie Betts and Jose Altuve all on their team. The trouble isn’t because of anything like that. Thought I’d make that known. Lol.

And sorry if this was a little long.

Edit: Update - it is now 8-8 for the season series. Had another tough, seesaw game...tied at 4, bottom of the 9th, they score on a walk-off. They swept me. Now, we don’t play each other until the last three games of the year. Revenge is on my mind.

Last edited by ElMago9; 07-23-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Most Troublesome Opponent?

in my orioles season, every one in the al east (red sox, yankees, jays) except tampa, had my number.

in my braves season I hated playing the dodgers.
thankfully they aint in my division.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

The Nats and Cubs always give me problems.

Nats offensively, not so much. Trea Turner causes me headaches(he's one cheap mofo in-game) but beyond that, not really much for me that's difficult to deal with in their lineup. Pitching, however, is a different story. Scherzer has some absolutely filthy stuff that just makes me go "How?"

Cubs bats always get at least one dinger off of me and it seems like it's a coinflip between Rizzo and Bryant on which one wants to give me the headache. When one's stifled, the other goes off. It never fails.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

I hate Bryce Harper, so I always throw fastballs high and tight or absolutely nasty breaking balls to get him whiffing.

My release was off, one time, and I straight up clocked him with a 101 mph heater. Not gonna lie. Felt good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-22-2018, 03:15 AM   #5
Rookie

The orioles. Trey Mancini literally averages at least a Homer a game against me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 05:31 AM   #6
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

In my White Sox chise, the Angels have knocked me out of the playoffs the two times I've made it so they have become a bit of a rival.

Of course the Indians have been a pain.

In terms of star players, I have given up my share of key hits/homers to the Trouts,judges and Harpers of the world but oddly I feel like I mostly get them out. Probably because I'm a lot more careful with my pitches when facing them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway_sub
The orioles. Trey Mancini literally averages at least a Homer a game against me
Funny you say that. In my sox franchise at the all star break Mancini is 3rd in the league with 27Homer's. lol .

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsma806
In my White Sox chise, the Angels have knocked me out of the playoffs the two times I've made it so they have become a bit of a rival.

Of course the Indians have been a pain.

In terms of star players, I have given up my share of key hits/homers to the Trouts,judges and Harpers of the world but oddly I feel like I mostly get them out. Probably because I'm a lot more careful with my pitches when facing them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I find in always more careful against guys like that...except when I zone out and in playing on auto pilot and forget who I'm facing and either hang one or just make bad pitches and boom gone

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »