Home

Franchise Schedule

This is a discussion on Franchise Schedule within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When I played my first season on '18 (carryover from '16) I played the 2017 interleague schedule (AL EAST)because I uploaded my '16 franchise into '17, advanced to regular season, and then uploaded that save file to '18 and began my franchise.

I'm starting my 2nd season in '18, and I'm playing the 2018 interleague schedule (AL CENTRAL)

If I start a 3rd season in '18, I will play the 2018 interleague schedule again (AL CENTRAL)
Nice! That's what I was hoping for, as I'm getting tired of playing the same AL teams every year. Thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Have they ever given any kind of reasoning why this is so difficult? To someone that knows nothing about programming a game, it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to get rotating schedules, even if it isn't 100% the way MLB does their schedule. What I mean by that is why not have a rotating template that is the same every year? Below is an example

19 games vs each team in your division (76)
6 games vs each out of division team in your league (60)
3 games vs each team in the AL in the division you are playing that year (15)
3 games vs an assigned interleague rival that doesn't rotate, so your guaranteed three games per year vs them(Mets vs Yankees, Dodgers vs Angels (3)

Follow that and it brings you to 154 games and you just need to figure out eight more games to schedule. I would do something like the NFL does and give each team an extra four games vs the non division teams in your league that finished in the same place as you. If you're The Mets and you finish in last place in the NL East, the following year you'll get an extra four games against the team that finished in last place in the NL Central and four against the last place team from the NL West.

It's not how MLB does their scheduling in real life, but to me it would be a huge upgrade
Old 07-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Have they ever given any kind of reasoning why this is so difficult? To someone that knows nothing about programming a game, it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to get rotating schedules, even if it isn't 100% the way MLB does their schedule. What I mean by that is why not have a rotating template that is the same every year? Below is an example

3 games vs an assigned interleague rival that doesn't rotate, so your guaranteed three games per year vs them(Mets vs Yankees, Dodgers vs Angels (3)

Follow that and it brings you to 154 games and you just need to figure out eight more games to schedule. I would do something like the NFL does and give each team an extra four games vs the non division teams in your league that finished in the same place as you. If you're The Mets and you finish in last place in the NL East, the following year you'll get an extra four games against the team that finished in last place in the NL Central and four against the last place team from the NL West.

It's not how MLB does their scheduling in real life, but to me it would be a huge upgrade

Not that I recall

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 09:00 PM   #12
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof

My understanding is that the schedule is supposed to rotate but they can't figure out the error in the coding that is keeping that from happening.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 07-28-2018, 09:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm clearly a crusty old codger, because what I'd like is an option to play the old "balanced schedule" with no interleague. Each team in their respective leagues hosted and visited each of the other teams in the league twice a year. I wish MLB would go back to this, although I realize interleague is here to stay.. But they could stop this ridiculously lopsided scheduling so many games each year within your own division. I also play as the Tigers, and if I have to play Chicago or Cleveland one more time I'm going to vomit.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:56 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
I'm clearly a crusty old codger, because what I'd like is an option to play the old "balanced schedule" with no interleague. Each team in their respective leagues hosted and visited each of the other teams in the league twice a year. I wish MLB would go back to this, although I realize interleague is here to stay.. But they could stop this ridiculously lopsided scheduling so many games each year within your own division. I also play as the Tigers, and if I have to play Chicago or Cleveland one more time I'm going to vomit.
Sign me up for no interleague too

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »