Home

Exercise club option in franchise???

This is a discussion on Exercise club option in franchise??? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2018, 12:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Exercise club option in franchise???

I'm in 2031 off-season of my carryover franchise I've been playing since 2016...

First stage of offseason I can extend qualifying offers and hire coaches, the first "significant date" alerts me that I have a club option to decide on and it's the deadline...but there's no where to do it?? I cannot exercise the option and my guy hits free agency????

I recall a bug where some options weren't available in off-season and you were unable to sign some guys but I thought this was fixed.. what gives? I'm super invested I've been playing the same chise since MLB 16 and this guy has hit 30+ bombs for me 4 years in a row and his option is super team friendly. Am I missing something? Can I not exercise the option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Exercise club option in franchise???

I had this issue as well and created a thread.

Quote:
Ok I need help. I don't know if I'm missing something or if there is a bug or issue going on with franchise mode.

I am using a carrover franchise from 2016. I just completed the year 2019 in the game and am currently in the offseason. I am doing the Exclusive Negotiations Phase.

Problem....I can't sign any of my non-exclusive players nor can I exercise Club options on 3 players...

RP Sam Freeman
OF Harrison Bader
IF Aledmys Diaz

I was able to exercise club options on Trevor Rosenthal and Jordan Walden but not these 3 players and I don't want any of the 3 to become free agents.

Am I missing where I'm supposed to go to sign non-exclusive players or to exercise club options? Really confused and annoyed. Other teams are signing non-exclusive players and exercising options.

This is separate from the franchise bug talked about and fixed by SDS earlier as once I get past this phase, I can work with contracts like normal.
I tried and tried to figure out where I was missing it, but couldn't find it. My 3 players went to free agency, but luckily I was able to re-sign all 3.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

So it sounds like it's a bug and we should not offer club options because they're unable to actually be exercised
Old 07-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
So it sounds like it's a bug and we should not offer club options because they're unable to actually be exercised
It has to be.

Hopefully its not by design...

Old 07-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

It’s definitely a bug, I had it happen to me. But it doesn’t seem to be a permanent one since in the offseason after I encountered this bug, I was able to exercise a club option with one of my players without any issues. So it seems to be random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Happened to me a few nights ago. Was checking FA players, and say my SS Brendan Rodgers there. Backed out and reloaded my save and noticed he had an option. Couldnt find it, couldnt exercise it. Luckily he only wanted a 3 mil raise or I would have been screwed.

With the Rockies, I live or die by options to be honest. I'm quite a few number of years in the future, and it seems players like Cargo, or Charlie Blackmon will only sign 2 year deals with an club or player option. It's weird. But, it also saves me money as each year, they take less and less $$$.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

sigh....

I was hoping this bug was fixed in one of the patches but unfortunately it wasn't.

Currently in the off-season and I just lost Stephen Piscotty to free agency due to him having a club option this year, and there is no way for the user to access a screen to either exercise or decline the option.

I really hope this is fixed for '19

Frustrating.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

What an horrible bug. I am having it now after two seasons. I have like 10 players that have options. It's like a complete feature that is broken for me.

I suddenly want a refund.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »