Home

Patch 1.13 out this morning

This is a discussion on Patch 1.13 out this morning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #73
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Patch 1.13 out this morning

Is it me or maybe a placebo effect...But does the catcher seem a little more, I don't know, snappier..Maybe a bit quicker in his motions..Like when he catches the ball and goes to transfer out of his glove..
Old 08-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #74
Just started!

Mannywood 2.0's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi

MLB The Show 18 game update 1.13 is available, it includes presentation and commentary additions and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
I like the new commentary additions. Nice touch.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #75
Pro

I feel like the first three bullet points of the release notes are what was promised in the twitch streams when the game launched.

I noted on this in another thread about how my CAP player stole 10 bases in a game and the commentators never mentioned it. As well as mentioning your CAP player in the batter line up overlay screen instead of skipping over you. Might be fixed with this patch.

Im torn because I don’t know if I should post all the video that shows so many missing fundamentals while playing the game with player lock or RTTS. Or just wait another couple of years and hope these glarring issues will be fixed. Not bugs but basic fundamentals.

Considering RTTS (Player Lock) is one of the more popular modes. A large number of players don’t play defense so maybe this is the reason why it remains not overlooked.

My latest fun moment is watching the CPU continusly win to break my 20 game winning streak in Franchise mode. Upon several restart of the same save file while playing every at bat and defense via player lock. I think the community would be surprised as to how many times in a row (what bothers me the most) the CPU comes out on top! Even line up and pitching changes will not do the trick!

Torn because I really want The Show to be great but something is wrong underneath!

Last edited by jada855; 08-03-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM   #76
MVP

It's pretty cool to see as I was going for the series(NATS) "Sweep" the Dynamic loading screens as I was cycling through them shows a "Get the Broom" Sweep screen. Early on all three get in on the sweep talk and mentions my scores from the previous 2 ball games both in double Digits. Later in the game I'm up by 6 runs and Derosa just flat out said there's no other way to say this cause I don't see them coming back the dodgers has swept this series and the other announcers just let that breathe neither made a sound. This was in the 6th inning on the road. By the 8th inning Dan and Matt was in agreement. And the do a lot of series talk and focus more on the series OSD's for batter walk up when you get to the last game of the series.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 08-04-2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #77
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
This was a great update. I am hearing new storylines, dynamic to boot. The OSD’s for the starting lineups and the stat’s at the bottom of that OSD are fixed!!

In my game vs Boston last night (theme 2) the pitcher comparison worked!!! I hope this is truly fixed.

Great stuff and again......a very pleasant surprise. They reduced a lot of those DeRosa repeated lines like ambush tactics, first round pick talk.....drastically reduced all that stuff to not trigger....all the time.

Feels fresher. And just what the doctored ordered as we are in August.

They also acknowledged some trades that were made in game. JD Martinez was dealt to the Red Sox (in year two with my franchise so J.D's ratings are not juiced like 18’s roses set)) for Justin Bour and DeRosa acknowledged that fact.

It is those little things that adds immersion and makes your franchise feel alive. The more of that we get....the better.

I had he same thing happen to me with Zach Britton. Matt V commented that he was acquired from the orioles in a trade earlier this season. Thought what was pretty cool and something I don’t recall hearing before.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-03-2018, 11:06 PM   #78
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

In my game vs Boston last night (theme 2) the pitcher comparison worked!!! I hope this is truly fixed.

In the game i have played i still got the pitcher comparison with just the pitchers age, height ect.

Didn't expect it but still no mention of bullpen movement by the commentators for the players team.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #79
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Pretty awesome to see an audio update like this. Love the extra polish and attention to fine detail from SDS.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #80
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

This patch is one of the game’s finest, unexpected moments ... KUDOS.

Now my first world problem is whether I value the new audio for guys like Acuna, or the beautiful CAPs that are out there in the vault (Cujo for instance).

Any idea if anyone has recreated those models on the new SCEA versions that now have the audio? I was thinking of trying it for Soroka, but may do Acuna if no one else has yet. Gleyber and Soto are the two others I really want, knowing they can be franchise players. There’s something about seeing their perfect likeness AND hearing their name that makes me unusually excited ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »