Home

Old 08-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Trading

Hey, per usual I've booted my Braves franchise up right around the trade deadline and I'm having some issues.

Doing a single team control and I'm trying to update the trades for the league. I thought I remembered in previous years being able to change settings for teams you control / being able to force trades but can't seem to find any option like that ingame.

I've tried tanking the ratings of a player to trade for him (got Gausman down to a 50 overall F potential pitcher and the trade still was asking for more in return than the real life trade).

Any advice? If I can't get this updated I likely will end up restarting which I don't wanna do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trading

The "forced trades" option is at the beginning of your franchise. You can't change it after that IIRC.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Hey, per usual I've booted my Braves franchise up right around the trade deadline and I'm having some issues.

Doing a single team control and I'm trying to update the trades for the league. I thought I remembered in previous years being able to change settings for teams you control / being able to force trades but can't seem to find any option like that ingame.

I've tried tanking the ratings of a player to trade for him (got Gausman down to a 50 overall F potential pitcher and the trade still was asking for more in return than the real life trade).

Any advice? If I can't get this updated I likely will end up restarting which I don't wanna do.
Did the rating tanking in 15 and you had to sim a day before the ratings took effect in the trade screen. I'm assuming it's the same in 18.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
MVP

Ah makes sense. Will try that and see how it goes.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 AM   #5
MVP

and im guessing there's no way to do trades w/ CPU teams since I didn't set up 30 team control from the start huh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
and im guessing there's no way to do trades w/ CPU teams since I didn't set up 30 team control from the start huh
Just make it a three team trade and involve the team you control. I was using the Mets in my 17 franchise and wanted to get Yelich from Miami to Milwaukee. I took a player from the Mets and jacked his ratings up to 99 then traded for Yelich. I traded Yelich from the Mets to Milwaukee for prospects, then I took the player I sent to Miami and edited his ratings back down to what they were pre trade and traded the prospects I got from Milwaukee to Miami and got my player back. Yeah it's a bunch of extra steps but it's the only solution I could think of
Old 08-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

You can also sign FA with a solid rating to get your man.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I just spent all day yesterday and a good bit of today getting my roster the way I wanted it prior to starting a new franchise. Booted up a new franchise as the A's. Started making trades, made 2 trades with the Braves and 1 with the White Sox. I'm trying to make another trade with the Braves and it won't let me. I press offer trade and hit yes and nothing happens. Even the little box where it tells you if they will accept the trade or not is empty. I have never seen this before. It's so weird. If I take the trade offer and make it unbalanced then it says they won't accept it but as soon as I balance it out it goes blank and nothing happens when I attempt to make the trade. Like there's nothing there. I hit yes submit trade and nothing happens. Never seen this before in my life.

EDIT: Just made a trade with the Tigers with no problems. Attempt another one with the Braves and again I can't.

EDIT #2: I think I figured out what the issue was. I think the Braves had too many players in their organization so it wouldn't let me make the trade I was attempting to make. I simmed a day and the Braves released 4 players and now I can make trades with them again.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 08-08-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added Info

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »