Home

Question about live roster updates

This is a discussion on Question about live roster updates within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about live roster updates

I'm using V3 of the hybrid roster. If I restart the franchise after a live roster update where minor leaguers are added by Sony, do the faces get updated in my franchise? I know the fictional manager names are replaced. I'm not sure if the new faces created by Sony are added.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 08-18-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Question about live roster updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I'm using V3 of the hybrid roster. If I restart the franchise after a live roster update where minor leaguers are added by Sony, do the faces get updated in my franchise? I know the fictional manager names are replaced. I'm not sure if the new faces created by Sony are added.

If you import the SCEA additions to your roster, they will. They won't do it automatically, if I'm interpreting your question right.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
If you import the SCEA additions to your roster, they will. They won't do it automatically, if I'm interpreting your question right.
All I did to get Alex Cora, Aaron Boone and the other managers added was restart my V3 hybrid franchise and wait for the live roster message to appear before I finished setting up the franchise. Is that all I have to do to get the updated faces or if I have to do something else, can you please explain the steps to me? Also, the attributes in the V3 hybrid roster are spot on in my opinion. You and your team did a great job. I don't want to mess with this if the attributes and ratings will change. I'm just looking for faces of prospects new to the major league level done by Sony that are updated and never edited in V1, V2, or V3 of the hybrid sets.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 08-20-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
All I did to get Alex Cora, Aaron Boone and the other managers added was restart my V3 hybrid franchise and wait for the live roster message to appear before I finished setting up the franchise. Is that all I have to do to get the updated faces or if I have to do something else, can you please explain the steps to me? Also, the attributes in the V3 hybrid roster are spot on in my opinion. You and your team did a great job. I don't want to mess with this if the attributes and ratings will change. I'm just looking for faces of prospects new to the major league level done by Sony that are updated and never edited in V1, V2, or V3 of the hybrid sets.
The reason the managers were updated and applied to your franchise is it's not a 'roster' update. It was a global addition that impacts the entire game, if that makes sense. To get updated faces for players in your roster, you must import them in or edit the faces yourself. They will not automatically update.

To add on, I imported all the SCEA caps and didn't adjust faces with the exception of Acuna, because SCEAs version is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 08-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
The reason the managers were updated and applied to your franchise is it's not a 'roster' update. It was a global addition that impacts the entire game, if that makes sense. To get updated faces for players in your roster, you must import them in or edit the faces yourself. They will not automatically update.

To add on, I imported all the SCEA caps and didn't adjust faces with the exception of Acuna, because SCEAs version is laughable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
In that case, I won't be messing with a thing. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »