Home

Skin tones

This is a discussion on Skin tones within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Skin tones

I’m keeping a separate roster so that I can keep transactions updated. It’s a release day roster, but I’ve imported players from the vault and from the OSFM roster. I really enjoy some of the gamers who have created very accurate faces. One thing I did was, after noting created players with very red faces is edit them and move the tone marker from the extreme upper left corner, over to the right to a skin tone that doesn’t look like they have a bad sunburn. Seems like this was a glitch w/quite a few created players.

Now, as I made some recent trades l’m noticing one or two things; scrooling thru teams l’m seeing:

1) players skin tones are resetting back to the upper left hand corner of the skin tone edit screen, or.....
2) I’m nuts and missed some players (swearing I had already meticulously changed each player w/red skin)

Which one (I have thick skin). Anyone experience seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Skin tones

As someone who did a carryover I had player's skin tones turn red as well and had to go in and edit them. I haven't noticed any of them resetting, but I will double check when I get home tonight.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I checked and I don't see anyone who has changed back to the red skin tone. They are all how I edited them.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

nydteaton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I’m keeping a separate roster so that I can keep transactions updated. It’s a release day roster, but I’ve imported players from the vault and from the OSFM roster. I really enjoy some of the gamers who have created very accurate faces. One thing I did was, after noting created players with very red faces is edit them and move the tone marker from the extreme upper left corner, over to the right to a skin tone that doesn’t look like they have a bad sunburn. Seems like this was a glitch w/quite a few created players.

Now, as I made some recent trades l’m noticing one or two things; scrooling thru teams l’m seeing:

1) players skin tones are resetting back to the upper left hand corner of the skin tone edit screen, or.....
2) I’m nuts and missed some players (swearing I had already meticulously changed each player w/red skin)

Which one (I have thick skin). Anyone experience seeing this?

Any chance you are willing to share that roster in the vault?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

They need to fix the “glitch” that makes every Black player from the US dark-skinned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

EDIT:

I've found 2 guys that have red skin (upper left corner skin tone) but I honestly don't know if they were draft picks that I missed or what. Some times when I do draft picks I'll go thru and do all the names first and general information, then I'll go back and work on their appearance. I thought I had everyone, but it could be that I missed a few. One looked like the player except for skin tone, the other didn't (thinking I missed him)

So to answer your question Knight.....I don't know...

Old 08-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
EDIT:

I've found 2 guys that have red skin (upper left corner skin tone) but I honestly don't know if they were draft picks that I missed or what. Some times when I do draft picks I'll go thru and do all the names first and general information, then I'll go back and work on their appearance. I thought I had everyone, but it could be that I missed a few. One looked like the player except for skin tone, the other didn't (thinking I missed him)

So to answer your question Knight.....I don't know...

I just went back and looked at the AL East, yep, several red skins. Checked all of them again and will keep an eye on it.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I just went back and looked at the AL East, yep, several red skins. Checked all of them again and will keep an eye on it.
Wanted to provide an update.

I am currently playing the AA all-star game and the rosters are full of red skinned players, and I know that I have edited some of these guys (Max Schrook, Marcus Straw, etc..)

Not sure why this is happening, but its a bit annoying to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »