Home

SDS needs to release these 2 versions of The Show beginning in 2019

This is a discussion on SDS needs to release these 2 versions of The Show beginning in 2019 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
SDS needs to release these 2 versions of The Show beginning in 2019

Sell a franchise version that features both offline and online and a separate Diamond Dynasty/Road to the Show version on discs and digital downloads. Sell for $39.95 each or the bundle for $59.95. Free up the extra space on each for fixes and extra content. I for example only play offline franchise and have no interest in DD/RTTS that could be better used for more features for franchise.

I for one would love to see much more done with managers and coaches in the game that simply cannot fit into the game as it is now because of lack of space. Make the names, ratings, faces and appearances for every manager, hitting coach, pitching coach, 3rd base coach, etc fully editable and customizable. No more fictional names that you're stuck with. Do the same with owners, general managers, farm directors, etc. Add the coaches and managers from the A, AA, and AAA levels and set up a career ladder feature where managers can be hired from other teams, the minor league affiliate teams, or if you want to hand the reins to a first base coach or hitting coach. The same managers can be fired and hired by a rival as their new pitching coach, hitting coach, 3rd base coach, etc.

I'd also like to see the stadium atmosphere, particularly the sounds from the crowd, be completely revamped. Add more yells, cheers, and jeers into the game that makes every game seem as different as every face you see in the stands. Add more background music such as "Sandstorm" that's played from time to time at Braves games and sound effects such as jets flying over, police sirens, fire trucks, etc. Each stadium should have a different voice doing public address too.

Additions like these could be possible if franchise was offered separately from RTTS/DD.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 08-23-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: SDS needs to release these 2 versions of The Show beginning in 2019

None of that is really possible, especially at those price points.

I’d love for separate skus for mlb and nhl products with the card games or online being separate from the franchise, but it’s not likely to occur.

NHL or NBA would be the best bet to accomplish this. They don’t need the league or player’s association licenses to sell their OTP modes where you create a character. As stand alone games those products would likely sell just fine and probably for a reduced price point, perhaps $40 annually with a potential for micro transactions.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

One game or two you’ll still have the same number of people working on the game in the same time frame

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-23-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

whats far more likely (but I dont expect to happen either), is that DD and maybe RTTS completely runs franchise the way of the dodo and season mode. hopefully DD will grow the fanbase, then SDS can put more TLC into franchise.

and Make Baseball Great Again.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
whats far more likely (but I dont expect to happen either), is that DD and maybe RTTS completely runs franchise the way of the dodo and season mode. hopefully DD will grow the fanbase, then SDS can put more TLC into franchise.

and Make Baseball Great Again.
They’re never getting rid of franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
They wouldn't get rid of it, but it is clear that it may not receive much attention moving forward at this rate.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
They wouldn't get rid of it, but it is clear that it may not receive much attention moving forward at this rate.
Who knows. EA are drifting back towards improving their Madden franchise mode, albeit slowly. Game companies aren’t stupid. Yes, they can make money easily from card collecting modes. They also know they can get away with putting almost no effort into them, the mode barely changes from one year to the next. The franchise crowd is vocal, when we don’t see change we complain. That’s what continues to make franchise relevant in Madden and NBA 2k.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
This is me a couple 3 years ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
they're never getting rid of season mode
What I need be saying is "they'll never get rid of DD"
then maybe theyll get rid of it

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »