Home

Moments that make you jump out of your seat.

This is a discussion on Moments that make you jump out of your seat. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #9
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Moments that make you jump out of your seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I was wrong about the inning and the score, it was 3-3 in the bottom of the ninth and I lost in the tenth. But check out the video... at the 1:00:45 mark....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303461249
Great video. Didn’t watch it all, but not a single problem with what I saw. Beautiful game, liked your batting view.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:37 AM   #10
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I made a double steal yesterday, first inning of the game because I was determined to jump out into an early lead. And I jumped out of my seat.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #11
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

One that never fails to get me is the clutch strikeout, especially to end the inning, and especially especially in the 9th. In fact any key out in the 9th is exciting to me, even if it's a lazy flyout.

Finished off the 2019 season with a pretty clutch play to win the world series. I get a large early lead on the Nats, but they grind it out vs my starter and I'm forced to pull him to start the 6th. All of a sudden my bullpen, which was the undisputed best in all MLB, starts hemorrhaging runs left and right. Meanwhile my offense hase gone completely cold. Soon enough we're in the 9th, tying run at 3rd, winning run at first, and one out.

After them getting solid hit after solid hit since the 6th, I finally get a grounder to my 2B. 4-6-3.

I may have had more chances to win the world series afterwards if they won the game in the end, but I find the saying "give them an inch and they'll take a mile" applies to this game more often then not. Felt good to close out the World Series against a tough opponent. Yer darn right I jumped out of my seat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Up 2-1 in the 8th against the Giants. Pence trying to score the tying run, gets gunned down at home.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Just had one of my best moments with this game, and that's saying a lot.

I took a 3-0 lead on the Mets and looked to be cruising. Then in the sixth I give up a two-run homer and in the seventh a sac-fly and the game is tied. The game goes to extras and in the top of the 10th I give up a solo shot and the Mets now lead 4-3. Bottom of the 10th no one on, Rizzo up and has two strikes on him. He manages to single up the middle. Next batter is Kyle Schwarber who has absolutely killed it this year and is the current front-runner for NL MVP with 47 home runs.

I cannot count the number of times I've said in my head in situations like this, "please just hit a home run." Well, he did this time. A bomb into the bleachers in right field. Cubs win, 5-4. Not many things in this game better than a come-from-behind walk-off.

Click the link to see the video if you're interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/313375430?t=01h12m07s

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

Last edited by Gagnon39; 09-22-2018 at 07:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »