Home

A question about wrote to the show MLB 18

This is a discussion on A question about wrote to the show MLB 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #17
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A question about RTTS base running settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRon

As I'm approaching the base if I want to slide feet first I stop the upward press and press it downwards?

If I want to slide feet first into a bag and slide To the right side of any bag I move my love toggle stick down into the right?

If I want to slide feetfirst into a bag on the left side I pressed my left eye will stick down and to the left?

If I want to slide headfirst pressed the left toggle stick up?

If I want to slide headfirst to the left toggle stick is pressed up to the left?

If I want to slide headfirst to the right of a bag the left toggle stick is pressed up into the right?
My apologies. I should have been more clear. You'll need to use the right stick to slide into a base while the left you'll use to go from base to base(and steal). All of the questions you have are used with the right stick. Hopefully, that is less confusing now.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:47 AM   #18
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A question about RTTS base running settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
My apologies. I should have been more clear. You'll need to use the right stick to slide into a base while the left you'll use to go from base to base(and steal). All of the questions you have are used with the right stick. Hopefully, that is less confusing now.
Yes, that explains it much clearer, it also explains why when I was stealing a base I would be safe And then I would get up and start running to the next base and I get tagged out. Also, I seem to have problems if I start to run and I want to go back it doesn't seem to work that well I'm using the left stick as you said up and down. Although when I go back to a base when being picked off I use the left stick to the left.

Other than that everything's going great I'm learning this slowly but surely, I just cut product to the show and now I'm trying my hardest to see how I can get treated to the team I like to play for. Unfortunately, I don't think that's something I can control

Thanks for clearing up the baserunning issues.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #19
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Re: A question about RTTS MLB 18

I've come across another problem that I can't seem to figure out and I'm sure it's because I'm new to MLB the show 18 and video gaming in general. I'm figuring out things as I go but when I went up against something I can't figure out I've been posting here and so far I've been lucky enough to have people reply To answer the questions.

The problem I'm having now is, the CPU pitcher is throwing strikes every pitch. So I basically have three pictures to choose from. I would like some pictures thrown out of the strike zone so that I can get used to plate management, I guess what I mean is I'd like to have some balls thrown out of the strike zone so that I can learn to choose my pictures carefully.

I got into sliders and I move the slider for CPU pitcher to the left which tells me at the top that it will reduce the accuracy of the CPU when is controlling the pitcher.

So obviously that has not corrected the issue because I'm still getting three strikes and no balls. The only time I've ever received a ball was when it was a pitch out.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer, I don't want to make it extremely hard to hit but I do want to make it a little bit realistic.

As always thanks in advance for any replies
Old 09-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #20
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRon
I've come across another problem that I can't seem to figure out and I'm sure it's because I'm new to MLB the show 18 and video gaming in general. I'm figuring out things as I go but when I went up against something I can't figure out I've been posting here and so far I've been lucky enough to have people reply To answer the questions.

The problem I'm having now is, the CPU pitcher is throwing strikes every pitch. So I basically have three pictures to choose from. I would like some pictures thrown out of the strike zone so that I can get used to plate management, I guess what I mean is I'd like to have some balls thrown out of the strike zone so that I can learn to choose my pictures carefully.

I got into sliders and I move the slider for CPU pitcher to the left which tells me at the top that it will reduce the accuracy of the CPU when is controlling the pitcher.

So obviously that has not corrected the issue because I'm still getting three strikes and no balls. The only time I've ever received a ball was when it was a pitch out.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer, I don't want to make it extremely hard to hit but I do want to make it a little bit realistic.

As always thanks in advance for any replies
You can't really force the CPU to throw more balls. It sounds like you're still in double A which means you will see a lot more strikes no matter what pitcher you go against. Once you start to increase your attributes, specifically, power, you will start to see more balls and thus, take more walks.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #21
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
You can't really force the CPU to throw more balls. It sounds like you're still in double A which means you will see a lot more strikes no matter what pitcher you go against. Once you start to increase your attributes, specifically, power, you will start to see more balls and thus, take more walks.
No, I'm not in AA, I was actually called up to the show about two weeks ago and I've been playing for Baltimore. I'm sure if I probably raise my levels as far as legends All-Star etc. more I go up probably the more difficult it will be to hit. I wanted to take it slow so I could enjoy the gay will I was learning it and then once I learned how to play and I'm comfortable I planned on starting to move up In difficulty.

In RTTS When you go to the sliders it says that the top that if you slide the CPU pitcher to the left there supposed to be less accurate. I thought that that meant I would get fewer strikes but that's not the case.
Thanks for your reply
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »