Home

Commentary Errors

This is a discussion on Commentary Errors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Commentary Errors

1. Lines that drag on forever... and ever... and ever... 2 batters later and they are still talking about how clutch the 1st batter is.

2. Lines that are completely wrong about what is actually going on... for example a base hit up the middle and they say it's a foul ball...
Old 09-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Something else I'm noticing, if you have a power pitcher starting, they always comment that it's a contrast of pitcher styles, one flame thrower vs a finesse guy no matter what the matchup is. Last night I has deGrom vs Scherzer and they said it was power vs finesse. Unless Scherzer's 95mph fastball is considered a finesse pitch they need to tweak that line.

I've also heard Pleasac say that now that it's warming up and the ball is starting to fly out of the park, pitchers need to make better pitches. Only problem...I heard this in mid September
Old 09-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope1000
My biggest thing about commentary is when u hit a home run and their still talking about some pitching to last better very unrealistic

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think this stems from pressing A to move along the animation/walkup/etc... I have it happen as well, but I chalk it up to the fact that I pressed the A button, and I would be more irked at them just cutting the script short as opposed to finishing their thoughts.

I imagine if you never pressed the skip button, and just let the game unfold, there would be less chances of being behind in the lines.

~syf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm in the middle of June with the Brewers and the commentators are talking about how Travis Shaw is struggling with a batting average of 250, the problem is he's one of the leading hitters with an average of 400.

I've also noticed them mention a player not being among the league leaders in hr when in fact they ARE the leader. A little annoying to say the least.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
I think this stems from pressing A to move along the animation/walkup/etc... I have it happen as well, but I chalk it up to the fact that I pressed the A button, and I would be more irked at them just cutting the script short as opposed to finishing their thoughts.

I imagine if you never pressed the skip button, and just let the game unfold, there would be less chances of being behind in the lines.

~syf

Agreed 100%.

For the most part the game does a good job of Matt V cutting of DeRosa or Plesac when something happens. Especially to end the inning. But yes, sometimes it drags. But then again, this is probably one of the most difficult aspects of developing the game. Think of al that has to go into it. And for the most part I think it’s pretty remarkable. Could it be better? Of course. But for the most part it’s well done and I think an under appreciated aspect of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #14
Rookie

gp005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I'm in the middle of June with the Brewers and the commentators are talking about how Travis Shaw is struggling with a batting average of 250, the problem is he's one of the leading hitters with an average of 400.

I've also noticed them mention a player not being among the league leaders in hr when in fact they ARE the leader. A little annoying to say the least.
I hear this all the time... "Brandon Drury is coming off a month of batting .200" when in fact he led the majors in the previous month... sometimes there facts are flipped around
Old 09-25-2018, 05:46 AM   #15
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Just heard the same series of lines THREE times in ONE single AB: “While his hitting streak might be drawing most of the attention...” I’ve heard it 5-6 times in this game already (every time he’s batted, plus 3 times during one AB), currently in the 7th inning.

EDIT: heard it 4 times during his last AB in the 9th inning! Took a video of it, but I uploaded it before the last pitch so it only got the first 3 times lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAKCfBejew

Last edited by jeffy777; 09-25-2018 at 06:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #16
Banned

comment is awesome and perfectly ok

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »