Home

Post Game Show

This is a discussion on Post Game Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post Game Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
As of now, it's basically non existent. Should there be one? If so, what should be in it ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
I think recap at end game works well
Old 09-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhope1000
I think recap at end game works well
It’s functional but big games, playoff games especially demand so much more. Even if it’s only MLB Network games that have a post game show, I think we need one.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #11
MVP

A post game show, nah don't do it SDS. Focus on the Challenge system, improve your commentary library and presentation elements. A post game show will eventually follow all other pre, halftime and post game models of SKIP, SKIP, SKIP in my Shannon Sharpe voice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #12
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Every time I see a video of Pro Yakyuu Spirits it makes me want to purchase a copy immediately. The animations are really awesome and natural looking, which is something that I feel still needs a lot of work in The Show especially when players are in the batter's box and branching animations in general. Other than that hopefully The Show does put more love into the post game show next year.
I was in your same position. I was envious of Japanese literate individuals having access to a fantastic baseball game. The PYS team knows how to do animations. The biomechanics are solid, natural and realistic. I think I got the final version of PYS 2015 through ebay.

I've been holding out on MLB the Show since '16. And honestly I was going to simply stick with '14 because pitching and outfielder throwing animations were still not up to par. Biomechanics, arm position, torso position and twist, torque on throws, hip, leg position, glove side arm not tucking, are issues that I would like to see addressed.

Slow motion at the end. The biomechanics are unfortunately off. MLB the Show uses very similar blueprints for all their pitchers. It's not capturing the aesthetics of a violent pitch. No real hip and shoulder separation, no real torque and stretch in the torso region, angle of the upper body to the lower body, glove side arm doesn't tuck under, it looks more like a shotput or push than a baseball pitch. Hoping for better replication of the follow through and body recoil after the pitch.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #13
Rookie

Personally, I think it would take up way too much dev time for something that people would regularly skip. I'd rather they spend their time on other things.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Like many of us have said before, the lack of stuff like this is unfortunately from the popularity of Diamond Dynasty. SCEA and other developers like EA spend the majority of their time and effort on online modes because that’s where they make money.

Franchise players and people wanting things like post-game shows and highlights from other games may never see it because of that. It’s not that it isn’t possible. NFL 2K has highlights from other games. Just think about where franchise mode would be today if SCEA has spent all the time and money over the last 6-7 years on they have on Diamond Dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
while it is mostly for show, it can be sweet and add the ambiance of the game. NFL2K had a good studio show and I remember an old Nintendo or Sega game having highlights of other games you could watch during your game.
I think it would be cool to see a post game wrap up you could skip if you want that looks like your local Fox Sports wrap up: Guys in the booth with the grounds crew at work in the back. They could keep talking while they show the highlights and milestones. Even if they show the wrap up screen and have them keep talking over it. The guy swinging or pitching throwing then freeze framing 70's style is annoying and dated.

With the incorporation of MLB Network, they could do a lot more with the stuff they have in their studios. A Quick Pitch style highlight show is probably too much to ask but I'd take that over the radio show that turns off when you move days on the calendar.

There was once an Around The League screen that showed no hitters and milestones. That was nice.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #15
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I like the radio show and feel like it's something they need to build upon. Remember there's nothing else like it in sports gaming so to lose it would be terrible. I think they should add to it, maybe give you an archive for the past week that you can pick from to re-listen to again. And in terms of post-game, if a full scale studio is too much to ask for use the same radio show format to build a post-game show putting stat screens up and talking about what happened in that game.

Building on the MLB Network incorporation is something that they need to add given that the broadcast package has been around for a few years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »