Home

Post Game Show

This is a discussion on Post Game Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Post Game Show

As of now, it's basically non existent. Should there be one? If so, what should be in it ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post Game Show

Well, in my opinion the commentary is already awful (just my opinion), so I'm not sure they could pull this 0ff
with all the variables that go on in each particular game.

They have the highlight reels and post game recaps, good enough for me. Need to put energy into somethings that already need attention and not add anything new (in my opinion).

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 09-09-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Like many of us have said before, the lack of stuff like this is unfortunately from the popularity of Diamond Dynasty. SCEA and other developers like EA spend the majority of their time and effort on online modes because that’s where they make money.

Franchise players and people wanting things like post-game shows and highlights from other games may never see it because of that. It’s not that it isn’t possible. NFL 2K has highlights from other games. Just think about where franchise mode would be today if SCEA has spent all the time and money over the last 6-7 years on they have on Diamond Dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-09-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39

Diamond Dynasty.
Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Talk about bush league. I laugh out loud when I see some of the ugly softball uniforms that are created and posted on Youtube.

Now....back on topic.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #5
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

At the least i would like to see them package the clips from the highlight reel into some type of post game tale of the game highlights. Also include other replays besides just HR's and RBI hits, include important defensive plays. I say this all the time but they should look at how FIFA package there replay highlights.

I can't remember the last time i looked at the highlight reel but what i remember is that there was no sound with the clips, they were often from random terrible camera angles and were lower quality video than the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not expecting much. Just more than what we have which basically mentions the player of the game as an aside and a highlight reel that is a bit lifeless.

What I would like, that I think isn't too much to ask for, considering what we have gotten so far is a Top 3 plays similar to what 2K baseball had back in the day.

Then a player and pitcher of the game. In addition to their in-game stats, the overlay should include how many times they have been named player of the game and something career related. Like if the player, hit a game winning hr, it could say 3rd game winning hr of season or career. Or if a pitcher wins and is pitcher of the game, something like, career record vs Boston now 5-2 or third game this year with double digit strikeouts.This way it spices up the post game because there will be something new or interesting highlighted that the user didn't know before.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

A post game show would be a solid presentation addition. EA NBA Live 18 didn't have great sales number but still managed to put together one of the better post game shows. NBA Live main selling point is "The One" mode, but their NBA portion certainly received a fitting post game show for NBA Live 19.

MLB the Show 18 -
Spoiler

Pro Yakyuu Spirits post game shows player interviews including post game highlights (nice camera angles).
Spoiler

EA's NBA Live 18 and 19 both offers a legitimate post game show. 18 had low sales number (Live 19, sales number isn't out considering today is the official release date)
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-12-2018, 03:05 AM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
A post game show would be a solid presentation addition. EA NBA Live 18 didn't have great sales number but still managed to put together one of the better post game shows. NBA Live main selling point is "The One" mode, but their NBA portion certainly received a fitting post game show for NBA Live 19.

MLB the Show 18 -
Spoiler

Pro Yakyuu Spirits post game shows player interviews including post game highlights (nice camera angles).
Spoiler

EA's NBA Live 18 and 19 both offers a legitimate post game show. 18 had low sales number (Live 19, sales number isn't out considering today is the official release date)
Spoiler
Every time I see a video of Pro Yakyuu Spirits it makes me want to purchase a copy immediately. The animations are really awesome and natural looking, which is something that I feel still needs a lot of work in The Show especially when players are in the batter's box and branching animations in general. Other than that hopefully The Show does put more love into the post game show next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »