Home

Trying to understand MLB the show 18.

This is a discussion on Trying to understand MLB the show 18. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

OVR: 0
Trying to understand MLB the show 18.

For the most part, I play RTTS on MLB the show 18. There's a lot of things about the game that are confusing to me because I'm new to video gaming in general.

Here are some of my questions.

When I connect to The PlayStation network, often I'm given some type of card packs, my understanding is they only come into play if I'm playing in the dynasty portion of MLB the show 18, is that correct?

I've seen many YouTube videos that show different custom batting stances, custom home run celebrations, Custom baserunning. Can you customize these things in the RTTS part of MLB the Show 18?

Also, can you copy Batting stances from some of the greats in the past?

Thanks for any replies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Trying to understand MLB the show 18.

Any players and stadiums opened in card packs are for diamond dynasty. Accessories like elbow guards, bats and other things can be used for your rtts player. Custom batting stances can be created in the "edit player" menu section under "animations", I don't believe you can copy stances but you're able to create your own

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 AM   #3
Rookie

LogicalRon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trying to understand MLB the show 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
Any players and stadiums opened in card packs are for diamond dynasty. Accessories like elbow guards, bats and other things can be used for your rtts player. Custom batting stances can be created in the "edit player" menu section under "animations", I don't believe you can copy stances but you're able to create your own

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply I was able to find all the different animations for home runs and celebrations and things like that. RTTS is so much fun for me it took me a while to learn it but many people in this forum helped me out and I appreciate every bit of the help that I got.

I do have three questions though I hope somebody can answer.

1. Every once in a while when a ball is it to me in left field I get this green circle that starts to go around, I have no idea what it is why it is or what it does all I've done is pressed the X key and then continue on fielding it the way I would normally. It's confusing because I don't understand why it only happens once in a great while? I would sure like to know what it is and what's the proper way to use it.

2. Also when somebody hits one to the wall or the homerun that could be caught if you were to jump I noticed that many times when I'm running toward the fence there's a red circle. I'm assuming if I get that red circle and jump I might have a better chance if the ball is close? If that's not correct could someone please tell me what that red circle means and how it's best used.

3. This third one I think I've kind of figured out but I just want some confirmation on it, once again when I'm playing defense and I'm in left field when a ball is it to me sometimes there's a blue line in back of the baseball that's on the field indicating where the ball is it to. My guess is that a file lineup near or on the Blue Line and then start forward to the ball it will give me a better chance of throwing someone out is that correct? If that's not exactly how it works I would appreciate if someone could tell me how that works and how best to use it as well.

Everything else is going great I'm really enjoying this game so much so that I haven't even opened for the games that I bought.............lol

Thanks in advance for any replies

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »