Home

Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise

This is a discussion on Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Since you're doing a long term carryover franchise, I would suggest playing as your favorite team the Orioles. You can then build them up over the years into a playoff contending, pennant contending team.
This is absolutely the way to go with carryovers. Other teams I use are for one and done seasons. I've had my Braves carryover since Show 14 so it looks drastically different from todays Braves so it has my stamp on it and 5 Shows later it doesnt really matter that what I started with was based on the 2013 season. I cant imagine investing that much time on a franchise that wasnt my team. Plus the early Show 18 Orioles aren't nearly as bad as the current IRL one is lol

A Work in Progress
Old 10-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #10
Rookie

belikemike14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
This is absolutely the way to go with carryovers. Other teams I use are for one and done seasons. I've had my Braves carryover since Show 14 so it looks drastically different from todays Braves so it has my stamp on it and 5 Shows later it doesnt really matter that what I started with was based on the 2013 season. I cant imagine investing that much time on a franchise that wasnt my team. Plus the early Show 18 Orioles aren't nearly as bad as the current IRL one is lol

That is a valid point. I still have manny machado among others with the V2 rosters which will allow to start the rebuild however I like. And I will probably do a 30 team franchise so I could maybe “control” another one of the teams to keep me engaged until I work the Orioles back into contention

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-28-2018, 10:00 AM   #11
Rookie

belikemike14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Out of your choices, I say Dodgers. They have talent for sure both in the majors and minors, MLB Pipeline ranked their farm system 8th in their September update. You get to use one of the best starters in the game with Kershaw and one of the best most exciting young arms in the game in Buehler. They probably offer more of a challenge then the Red Sox or Indians as well in my opinion. You have two legit threats to compete with in the division with the Rockies and Diamondbacks. Giants aren’t so good irl but may be able to make a little noise in the show. Padres have a great farm system, they should be on the rise soon.

AL East you really only have the Yankees to compete with at the moment. Doubt the Rays win 90 games in the Show. Indians entire division is terrible, really no challenge in that division. Basically the entire division is rebuilding. KC and Detroit will likely stay bad for a while.

Overall I think the Dodgers are the best choice out of the 3.

The dodgers were who I was leaning to. I like the setup they have. I think I’m down to either the Dodgers or Orioles at this point

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Highly suggest the Braves and mimicking bringing up the young talent on the same timeline they did this season. It really keeps things interesting.

A lot of deadline movement too keep it entertaining.

I have 40 games left and have a 3 game lead on the WC. 4 gms begins devision.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:29 PM   #13
Rookie

belikemike14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC26
Highly suggest the Braves and mimicking bringing up the young talent on the same timeline they did this season. It really keeps things interesting.

A lot of deadline movement too keep it entertaining.

I have 40 games left and have a 3 game lead on the WC. 4 gms begins devision.

Are you a braves fan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »