Home

MLB The Show 19 Cover Athlete is Bryce Harper - Release Date March 26, 2019

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Cover Athlete is Bryce Harper - Release Date March 26, 2019 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #33
unk
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Cover Athlete is Bryce Harper - Release Date March 26, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Disappointing that this is the only major sports game that isn't on the PC and it's probably the best one out there.

...holding out hope for the future *crosses fingers*
NHL too .
Old 11-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Suppose Harper signs with a team next week, sonys not going to put him on the cover in his new teams uni?
Yea similar to how 2K had to change Kyrie Irving over from a Cavs uni to a Celtics one.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #35
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

One last time, per developers (Ramone Russell) Trout is not interested in opportunities like this and in contrast Bryce Harper has been doing adds for game since 2012. So this is a good decision to have him as cover athlete he has great personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #36
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Yea similar to how 2K had to change Kyrie Irving over from a Cavs uni to a Celtics one.

Wrong PS has already coordinated to work with the team that signs him on the new cover. It won’t be like the awful photoshop they did with Kyrie.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Wrong PS has already coordinated to work with the team that signs him on the new cover. It won’t be like the awful photoshop they did with Kyrie.

Lol I dont care how it's done. I'm just saying it will get changed in time. And I liked the Kyrie cover.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #38
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
One last time, per developers (Ramone Russell) Trout is not interested in opportunities like this and in contrast Bryce Harper has been doing adds for game since 2012. So this is a good decision to have him as cover athlete he has great personality.

What about his personality is so great? People keep saying this and I just don’t understand it. I don’t have anything against the guy but, on the field he’s always very serious. Wears his frustration on his sleeve. Off the field, he doesn’t have particularly good interactions with media. His silly hair flips. He’s gotten in fights with teammates lol. So why do people think he’s got such a great personality? I genuinely don’t understand it. I’ve watched a lot of Bryce Harper and never felt particular one way or another. He comes off as arrogant to me, more than anything else. Which, again, doesn’t really bother me. But I look at a guy like Mookie who always looks like he’s having fun on the field, smiling and laughing, leading his team to a World Series, delivering food and clothes to homeless people after a freaking World Series game. I don’t get it.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #39
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I’ve watched a lot of Bryce Harper and never felt particular one way or another. He comes off as arrogant to me, more than anything else. Which, again, doesn’t really bother me.
Really, though? Because...

Quote:
What exactly is their decision making process for this? I mean, do they decide on the athlete in March? Because nothing Bryce did this year is cover athlete worthy in my opinion. If we’re giving it to players on teams who missed the postseason, why hasn’t the best player in baseball graced the cover yet? Give me Mike Trout! Should have been Betts, Trout, or Yelich. Disappointing.
Quote:
What do you mean? Trout is a personable fun guy, and is the best player in baseball. Yeah he’s on a bad team, but Bryce didn’t make the postseason either. Betts had an amazing season on the World Series winning mass market Boston Red Sox, and during the World Series he delivered food and clothing to homeless shelters. The dude is a star on and off the field. Yelich I’ll grant you is a more reserved dude that you don’t hear much about. But he was more than deserving with his on field play.
Quote:
Meh. I don’t get why people like him so much. He just seems arrogant to me. He’s not very personable. He isn’t the happy fun guy with media or anything. He always acts so serious on the field, and throws the occasional tantrum when he strikes out or something. Whatever. Also, no way in hell he gets $500 million.
Quote:
What about his personality is so great? People keep saying this and I just don’t understand it. I don’t have anything against the guy but, on the field he’s always very serious. Wears his frustration on his sleeve. Off the field, he doesn’t have particularly good interactions with media. His silly hair flips. He’s gotten in fights with teammates lol. So why do people think he’s got such a great personality? I genuinely don’t understand it. I’ve watched a lot of Bryce Harper and never felt particular one way or another. He comes off as arrogant to me, more than anything else. Which, again, doesn’t really bother me. But I look at a guy like Mookie who always looks like he’s having fun on the field, smiling and laughing, leading his team to a World Series, delivering food and clothes to homeless people after a freaking World Series game. I don’t get it.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #40
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

MLB The Show 19 Cover Athlete is Bryce Harper - Release Date March 26, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Really, though? Because...

Whats your point? I’m genuinely trying to understand what about him is so personable. I have nothing against him, I don’t root against him, I just don’t think he is very personable. I really don’t get it. I look at him and I look at Mookie and I see polar opposites. One who is always serious, and arrogant. The other who always seems to be smiling, and praising his teammates rather than himself. I absolutely think Betts deserves the cover more than Harper, but that’s the extent of my anti-Harper sentiment. I don’t consider arrogance to be a particularly bad thing in sports, I’m very used to it in the NBA and such. But what I don’t understand is the seemingly arrogant players being labeled as personable. He’s not particularly media friendly either. His most notable interview moments are usually him being annoyed with a reporter. So again, I just don’t get it. I’m more asking for an explanation and don’t get one. Good job cluttering the thread with your condescension and long use of quotes from the same page though.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 11-02-2018 at 07:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »