Home

Playing Style?

This is a discussion on Playing Style? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

SplashHit's Arena

OVR: 0
Playing Style?

I haven't seen many people talking much about this on the forum, but what kind of playing style do you guys have? Or what type of roster do you seem to field? Are there any players you tend to trade for or pick up in free agency?

For me, I generally look for ground ball pitchers and superb infield defense. Kyle Gibson and Jose Iglesias are commonplace in my franchises, and I seem to hit great with Starlin Castro, so I usually acquire him as well. I usually only bat .240 as a team, but I'm consistently in the top 10 in ERA and fewest errors committed.

So what are your tendencies as a GM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Playing Style?

Versatility. I usually try to carry at least 2 bench players capable of playing both infield and outfield. I also like for the starters I have to be able to move around the diamond. I feel that it gives me an edge when it comes to matchups during games and being able to pinch-hit or pinch-run in almost any circumstance because I've got the ability to move guys around. That's the main asset I like in my position players.

As far as pitching goes, starting pitching it doesn't matter, but for bullpen, I hate having only 1 lefty in the pen, almost always want 2 lefties. I always make sure I have at least 1 guy capable of serving as a long man, but generally I like at least 2 guys that can give me multiple innings. Again, it's all about flexibility.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 12-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I want good starting pitching and solid all the way up the middle from catcher to ss & 2b to centerfield. In general when it comes to hitters I'd rather have contact guys over power/strikeout artists.

A Work in Progress
Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like to have 1 do it all player who can play IF and OF, as well as at least 1 big HR swinger on my bench. I like to have at least 2 lefties in the pen, one with some hard stuff and another with some softer kinda stuff, as well as a long Reliever who can go 4 or 5 if I need it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »