Home

MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

This is a discussion on MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #153
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

Finally retiring 18. I'll be picking up 19 hopeful that fielding and passed balls have received some attention. Those two things have finally made me put down 18, and will hopefully be refreshed come 19!
Old 01-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #154
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'm in the same boat...I'm not overly ecstatic about hitting or fielding but if they vastly improve franchise, roster building, even player attributes, I'll be happy. I'm not sure if anybody remembers playing NCAA Football but I could spend HOURS on just recruiting prospects alone - gosh, I wish The Show would incorporate some of that with draft prospects, FA signings, etc.

The biggest thing in baseball now is
1) Farm System
2) Sabermetrics

It's time for The Show to heavily incorporate these elements into franchise. Make me want a higher WAR player, a top farm system...make it to where trading for player x, y, z isn't good in the long run. I sorely want to have players come out of nowhere or stars just drop and be terrible - I want a true offline franchise that I can sink hours into...like OOTP has done.

I really wish they would add more scouts. It's so unrealistic that you can only have 4 scouts and therefore you can only scout a handful of guys before the draft. It makes the drafts so unrealistic because you're drafting guys blindly.

The NHL 19 franchise mode is incredible when it comes to drafting and scouting. You can hire up to like 20 scouts depending on how much budget room you've got and how much money you're willing to spend on scouts.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 01-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #155
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I don't think it's make or break for me personally, because '18 already broke, lol, in the sense that I didn't buy it at all. I also don't think it's make or break for SDS because rain or shine they seem to move about 1 million units per year. Not growing might become a problem for them I guess, but that's likely offset with an increasing focus on after-market upgrades/microtransactions.

I am looking forward to them having done something, anything for the hard core, franchise-mode type of player that's been playing these types of games for 25+ years. Throw us a friggin' bone here *Michael Myers voice*

We'll find out soon enough. Probably get a 1 minute trailer in the next few weeks, then a stream schedule with some ***** on it to keep us occupied. Then some streams in February/March.

Finally, if they are at all sneaky about removing things (major modes and such) without publicizing it at all before the game comes out, I think I'd quickly make peace with never doing business with that studio again.
I agree with everything you said and will add they messed up RTTS so bad last year I couldn’t even play it no more with my brought over save from the start .. Also I was on here last year saying before the game released that devs were trying to snooker us and what end up happening they removed modes messed up modes and didn’t even touch franchise all money n time was put into DD well I got suspension ban for three months .. I bought the highest dollar addition last year preordered but I will never preorder this game again ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #156
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure if I'm going to buy this year.
I'm still happy with 18, but simply do not play it that much anymore.
So it really depends on the changes / stuff they add if i will buy it or not.

I don't like that the games is focussing more and more on the online part, but thats where the money is and i understand that.
Guess i have to accept that turning 50 this year makes me a fossil and online is now more important than offline.

one thing i did notice after recently playing the show again : it's still quite stuttery and not smooth.
It has been improved, i have a ps4 pro and the difference between 17 and 18 is very noticable.
But having played other games (spidermand, rdr2) it made me notice that the show still suffers from stuttering.
I wish they would/could get rid of that.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #157
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
Not sure if I'm going to buy this year.
I'm still happy with 18, but simply do not play it that much anymore.
So it really depends on the changes / stuff they add if i will buy it or not.

I don't like that the games is focussing more and more on the online part, but thats where the money is and i understand that.
Guess i have to accept that turning 50 this year makes me a fossil and online is now more important than offline.

one thing i did notice after recently playing the show again : it's still quite stuttery and not smooth.
It has been improved, i have a ps4 pro and the difference between 17 and 18 is very noticable.
But having played other games (spidermand, rdr2) it made me notice that the show still suffers from stuttering.
I wish they would/could get rid of that.

So far I haven't seen a single thing that makes me want to buy this year's game. That's quite disappointing to me as baseball will always be my favorite sport. But so far the game looks pretty much identical to last year's game, especially when it comes to franchise mode and I'm greatly disappointed.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #158
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

This is the least excited I've been for The Show since I started playing. The likely few to no additions to franchise and focus on DD does not spark my interest at all.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
Finally retiring 18. I'll be picking up 19 hopeful that fielding and passed balls have received some attention. Those two things have finally made me put down 18, and will hopefully be refreshed come 19!
So we've heard fielding got the love since this early January post. Have we heard anything about PBs?

A Work in Progress
Old 02-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #160
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
So we've heard fielding got the love since this early January post. Have we heard anything about PBs?

This post triggered flashbacks of the passed balls / balls in the dirt interactions on launch day…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »