Home

Rebuilding Tips

This is a discussion on Rebuilding Tips within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rebuilding Tips

Does anyone have tips for rebuilding a team and playing multilpe years into franchise mode?

I have only made to the end of season two in the past. I am going to attempt and rebuild the Mariners and play every game. I am aware of the need to rename players that do not carryover. Are there any major issues or glitches that will I may experience that I should be aware of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rebuilding Tips

are you doing 30 team control? budgets on? GM contracts on? forced trade on?
Old 12-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
Rookie

30 team control and budgets on

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Some people have had issues with free agents and money. My biggest issue is that I love doing a rebuild and the realism of a 30 team control but get bogged down in the details (plus the constant roster update necessary in the off season). Good luck
Old 12-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 27

I've never actually done a rebuild in The Show in all the years I have played the series. Been thinking about taking one on and see how it is. White Sox have crossed my mind as a team to use. Still in a rebuild stage but not far away. Also a team I don't encounter much since I play mainly as the Phillies.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 12-30-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I think the first thing you have to do is determine who or what you want to build around. Are there certain players, young players, on your roster that you want to keep and build around. Then I think you have to determine what you aspect of the game you want to build around. Hitting, pitching, defense, or speed. If its hitting, then you determine do you want average or do you want power? Pitching, will it be starting or bullpen that you decide to be the backbone of your team?

I think that is where you need to start. Then you can fill in the pieces from there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

If you are planning on playing the games yourself, then I'd definitely recommend retaining/getting at least a couple of hitters who are fun to use, rather than a complete tear down, otherwise it can get very dull.

Pitching wise is less important as frankly everyone pitches largely the same, just with differing success, but a team full of guys who can't hit a homer gets boring very quickly I find.

Given how overpowered the draft is, I'd generally recommend trading for quality rather than quantity of prospects, as those average prospects will soon just get in the way, particularly as after the first season the computer inexplicably doesn't sign a bunch of it's quality draft picks so you can really flesh out your prospects if you want
Old 12-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I like speed guys. Doing the little things like stealing bases, hit and run, squeeze. Yep. That's my kind of game. That and flexibility so you can pinch hit and pinch run and all that other good stuff too.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »