Home

Is there anything that would make you skip MLB The Show 19?

This is a discussion on Is there anything that would make you skip MLB The Show 19? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is there anything that would make you skip MLB The Show 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Hi.

My name is Jada, and I won't be buying The Show unless baserunning animations improve.

Lol, get out of here dude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
WSUCougars,

LOL!

I am stating facts! Unfortunately I don't see anything wrong with that! Base running is a key fundamental of Baseball and should be the same for the gameplay mechanics of a Baseball game!

It's not my fault that it has been over looked for so long! I am sure any MLB The Show fan would appreciate the slightest improvement too this area of gameplay! After years of neglect especially in the CPU logic for base running!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 09:50 PM   #42
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
WSUCougars,

LOL!

I am stating facts! Unfortunately I don't see anything wrong with that! Base running is a key fundamental of Baseball and should be the same for the gameplay mechanics of a Baseball game!

It's not my fault that it has been over looked for so long! I am sure any MLB The Show fan would appreciate the slightest improvement too this area of gameplay! After years of neglect especially in the CPU logic for base running!
So you legitimately will not buy the new game if they don't change how players run? Legitimately?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
So you legitimately will not buy the new game if they don't change how players run? Legitimately?

WSUCougars,

My initial post in this thread did not capture all of the known issue's with base running! So to give more context! My issue is with the overall base running system! Which includes the animation's and which lack so much from a actual baseball experience!

In short base runners go from station to station without any awareness of what is actually happening on the field see the video below! And the repetitive animations in place only add insult to injury!

This is just a small sample of how terrible the CPU logic for base running has been for the last five years! And I would hope it would be addressed in 2019! But 5 again that's 5 long years and not one major adjustment! As another use in this thread pointed out earlier! The game plays like a movie clip that can't be paused.

Now take that concept and watch the CPU run the base paths below. All the action is cookie cutter! No strategy, no logic, no awareness all of what should have been programmed fundamentals!

Base running is a game within itself and MLB The Show has shown absolute 0 reflection of that in its game.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

At this point, I'm only interested in RTTS and as of now the fielding is a total deal-breaker. No way I'm jumping back in without some changes.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
If they ever remove offline franchise then I’d definitely be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There will never an sports game without offline franshise. The problem with all Sports Game now is, only little improvement in offline modes. Too much goes to Diamond Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

As others have said, there would have to be significant improvement to the franchise mode before I would even consider buying a new version for the PS4. The most recent I have on my PS4 is 16, but I spend most of my time still playing 15 on my Vita. If they put out another Vita port, I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by piffbernd
There will never an sports game without offline franshise. The problem with all Sports Game now is, only little improvement in offline modes. Too much goes to Diamond Dynasty.
never is a long time. didnt rbi not have franchise mode just a short 2 years ago?

A Work in Progress
Old 01-10-2019, 01:35 AM   #48
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Easy... Add Rickey Henderson to the list of legends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »