Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #41
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

The broadcast position has become a revolving door the last 3 years it looks.like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #42
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think its an on-field reporter or someone in studio.

Maybe hoping is the better term to use.
Kind of hope it's something like this, or having alternative broadcast options depending on the presentation mode.

I'm not crazy about DeRosa, but it would seem like a massive waste of time recording and programming all that dialogue to then scrap it all after one year (didn't they do that with Harold Reynolds though?). For a team with limited resources, you'd surely not want to keep doing that? (obviously it could be out of their control, but either way, commentary is a hugely time consuming)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
So franchise mode now isn't even on last, it's a side note at the bottom of the thing that's last, bundled in with commentary and presentation? Hard to be crazy optimistic about that tbh
Presentation/commentary is really built for franchise. It's truncated in DD and (sorta) in RTTS. For example, the game stories element they added to commentary last year did an awful lot to add to the franchise mode presentation in-game - giving each game a little different flavor.

"Presentation" could even consist of items like pre-game/post-game shows and things of that ilk as well - two items that are very much franchise-centric.

I'll admit that I am more optimistic than most (just my nature), but to me, it makes sense to couple them and I don't really see it as a "red flag" pertaining to a potential lack of new franchise stuff.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #44
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Come on now. Are we really going to jump to that conclusion and post it like it is a fact?

Let's wait till the stream. Then when we find out it may in fact be the only new addition to franchise mode...then let's take out our pitchforks and torches!

It may be the only new feature but hopefully they made a lot of enhancements to things like:

Player Morale
AI logic on and off the field
Player quirks
In-Game Franchise mode presentation

I am all for criticizing for lack of "Franchise mode love". But I am waiting till I see the stream before I make bold statements LOL.
In all fairness armour. I remember quite a few people saying "wait for the stream" the last two years, and there not being too many needle mover features that they left out.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #45
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The broadcast position has become a revolving door the last 3 years it looks.like.
Was just about to say that.

I'm not really feeling it this year. Maybe a great RttS stream will change my mind but it is looking like '19 will be a hard pass for me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #46
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

My hopes aren’t that high when it comes to franchise improvements. I’m hoping that I am wrong though.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #47
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think its an on-field reporter or someone in studio.

Maybe hoping is the better term to use.

I've always thought that a NBA2K style presentation would be cool. Start off in the MLB Tonight studio with a guy like Greg Amsinger and go back to him afterward for analysis of the game.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #48
Banned

If they had real, substantial franchise mode improvements it would get its own stream. C'mon, they aren't going to spring changes (that could get people to buy the game) as a surprise.

They did squat to franchise (other than adding something that rarely happens in real life), and if you care about that mode you need to vote with your wallet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »